• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Induction Kit Pipe and Hello! :)

mercthedan

Car
CLK 320 W208
Hi guy's,

Firstly hello. New to the forum and new to mercs, this CLK is my first. Bit of a bargain really and shocked me at what you can get for the money!

Coming from a long line of heavily modified cars, this was meant to be a break to allow me to concentrate on family life more however i'm going to do a couple of subtle things to it. Lowering springs are on the way and i'd like to fit an induction kit to release some v6 noice.

I'm aware of heat soak etc thats why i'd like to do something like this but will fabricate a heat shield also:

http://s.ecrater.com/stores/83546/4a...0f6_83546b.jpg

My question is, can anyone advise me of the inlet pipe diameter so i can order the correct diameter induction piping and filter?

Many thanks.

Is there any advantage to modifying induction on an N/A engine? From what I read of your intention, you just want to hear the air being dragged in?

Yeah basically to give the car a bit more of a grunt. A subtle stainless system will be made up shortly to help too, no performance gains really

I looked into this and to be honest decided against it but I did change to a piper cross panel filter and that gives a really lovely growl now but still quiet and subtle.

Also top tip from me DO THE GEARBOX RESET marked change in response and 50 more miles out of the tank for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom