Infra Red car headphones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
I want to add an IR headphone controller to my E class comand install and bought 2 pairs by phillips. they come with an IR output generator module that is normally connected to a mains transformer to provide power (phone charger type ) .

For use in the car I need a regulated 12v 200ma power supply derived from a cigar lighter/comand supply or other 12v power source . Anyone know how to make a little regulator. I cant find a commercially available one. I heard you can make one from a transistor and a couple of capacitors & poss resistors.

:(

kenny,

thanks, but the link didnt work, I managed to get to the shop but what item should I be looking for??

cheers

steve

steve you have mail

cheers

kenny

Cheers,

I found a universal type at maplin for a tenner. a bit OTT size wise but it wil do the job and connects to a cigar lighter.

I will actually hard wire mine in I think then I need to take apart the IR module, extend the IR diodes & re-locate them somewhere near the sunroof pointing to the rear. Poss make a small discreet colour matched wedge shape cover/holder. May even cover the diodes with a lens!

I 'll take a pic when its done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom