Insurance + Aftermarket Parts / Mods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLK320

Car
E430 Avantgarde (W210) / CLK320 Avantgarde (W209)
Am sure this question as been raised before.

But am wondering.

I have just got a new car. Bought and fitted a new set of 18" Hartge/Carlsson split-rim alloys to it ...

I know I have to declare to insurance company regarding aftermarket parts ...

But does anyone know roughly how much I am going to be stung for it in terms of premiums ??

Some friends seem to indicate that their insurance companies have not added anything as long as the only mod is the wheels / alloys and that they are of similar value to the original set ... is this true?

Provided I am not claiming on the wheels, do they have any business in cranking up the premiums ??

I am insured through Mercedes-Benz's own scheme (found this was cheapest for comprehensive cover on a new car).

Many thanks in advance.

Chris.//

It all depends on your policy, no point in guessing.

Some it wont affect the premium, others it will. If you have a cheaper than cheap policy for being a an absoulte saint, then maybe you will see your premium increase more heavily than those of us already paying steep annual premiums because we are young/high risk car.

I think the likes of Direct Line, Privilege etc are all aware of the common tweaks and wont sting too heavily.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
I think the likes of Direct Line, Privilege etc are all aware of the common tweaks and wont sting too heavily.
Directline made it sound like I wasting their time telling them about my mods, and after my whole story of all the mods they added about £8 onto the premium (which was about £1600 anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom