Insurance renewal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BMF

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C220 (W205) 2015 Bluetec Sport Premium Plus
I received my car insurance renewal notice via email yesterday from The Halifax, It was going to cost me £458.28p, It would've been the first full years insurance on the C220 as I the car was purchased in January. I did the usual cast around on the meerkat site and "Quote Me Happy" came in at £276.20 for fully comp with all the benefits that I had with Halifax.

Nice one! It’s often the case that new customers are offered much better prices, defo worth shopping around.
Have you bought it yet? :)

Reactions: BMF
Nice one! It’s often the case that new customers are offered much better prices, defo worth shopping around.
Have you bought it yet? :)

Which, The car or the insurance? :D Yes I went ahead with the insurance, current policy finishes 4th June, new one kicks in 4th June:)

Just discovered Quote me Happy are Aviva. Insurance is arranged by Aviva UK Digital Limited trading as Quotemehappy.com.
I may be cynical but am wondering if this is going to be their work around the marketing claim that existing customers will be charged the same as new, they simply save their best premiums for this new name and they can then say it is a different company quoting?

Quote me Happy were the cheapest on my Home insurance by the way...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Just discovered Quote me Happy are Aviva. Insurance is arranged by Aviva UK Digital Limited trading as Quotemehappy.com.
I may be cynical but am wondering if this is going to be their work around the marketing claim that existing customers will be charged the same as new, they simply save their best premiums for this new name and they can then say it is a different company quoting?

Quote me Happy were the cheapest on my Home insurance by the way...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Our contents policy is sometime in autumn (I think) but I will definitely be shopping around, as for car insurance, I think the companies rely on customers not having the inclination to shop around but I think people should, because once more people do it the insurance companies will see the trend and adjust premiums accordingly.... Won't they?

You should always try to run the quotes via a cashback site to get some money back also. Last year I paid circa £20 for home contents insurance once cashback was taken off. If anyone wants a link to a decent cashback site just PM me.

Whatever insurance is up for renewal I run them through confused, the meerkats and also a couple of direct insurers - oh and tesco who seem competitive.

If anyone wants a link to a decent cashback site just PM me.

TopCashBack is good and the one I use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom