Intelligent Servo Module

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndrewOl

Car
E350 A207
On a couple of occasions over the past 3 years my 2006 X164 (GL420) has failed to select a gear after starting. No error was shown or stored when this happened. I thought this was an issue with the Direct Select. Cycling the ignition would sort this out. Over the past couple of weeks this fault has occurred a few times and the 'Do not change gear and go to dealership' message was displayed. The following code was stored.

9007 - Emergency path of control module A80(intelligent servo module for Direct Select) is not present.

Cycling the ignition again sorted this out and the car can be driven.

Took it to Pentangle who have recommended a new ISM which seems logical if expensive! I don't want to risk waiting for whatever it is to fail completely as the car will probably get stuck in Park; which will not be fun. I have no reason to doubt Pentange as they have always been great but I will be a little disappointed if we change the ISM and it turns out to be something else!

Nothing else weird has happened (jump starting with the key in etc) so it looks like failure of a fairly complex electro-mechanical device after 175K miles so not an outrage. The EIS and Gateway have been replaced in the last three years so shouldn't be involved.

Any thoughts from others who have had ISM issues?

Cheers

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom