• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Intercooler pipe part needed

Kyle787

Car
B180
Hi,

I have an oil leak on a B180, it’s coming from the seal on the intercooler pipe where it connects to the turbo. Part number is
A6070900342. I know the engine is the Renault version, does anyone know an alternative part number for this part as I would like to see if I can purchase cheaper.

Thanks

How much have Mercedes quoted for the part?

Got the same problem on my W176 and looking for a better solution as well :/

Got the same problem on my W176 and looking for a better solution as well :/
I’ve taken the part off that the garage identified was leaking and it does seem that the oil is coming from the pipe but I can’t see how it’s getting past the rubber as in my opinion the rubber looks ok?

I see. I've asked Mercedes if i can buy only the seal they say no. Maybe the rubber is old due to the pipe vibration (which i guess is the cause of the whole on the metalic cylinder).
I'm wondering if we can put a kind of special rubber or any other matertial between the pipe neck and the turbo to improve the "Oilthightness" ?

I see. I've asked Mercedes if i can buy only the seal they say no. Maybe the rubber is old due to the pipe vibration (which i guess is the cause of the whole on the metalic cylinder).
I'm wondering if we can put a kind of special rubber or any other matertial between the pipe neck and the turbo to improve the "Oilthightness" ?
I was wondering about using some kind of exhaust paste/high temp engine sealant. The garage said that any oil that was in the pipe would drain back through to the engine however the pipe goes from the turbo down to near behind the bumper, I am not sure yet how any oil would drain back to the engine.

I was wondering about using some kind of exhaust paste/high temp engine sealant. The garage said that any oil that was in the pipe would drain back through to the engine however the pipe goes from the turbo down to near behind the bumper, I am not sure yet how any oil would drain back to the engine.
Humm...I'm not sure i understood the risk according to the garage, cuz the oil is already in the pipe, it's just about stopping it to go outside.

Have you got a pic of the seal? can It be replaced with a commercially available viton type o ring.?

No i don't have a picture, but you can take it of from the pipe. I'm still trying to find a similar seal but don't know how can I do it.

so on the 4.4 range rovers the o rings on the oil cooler pipes are famous for failing. Someone found the correct size o ring - viton or something like that and these are a perfect replacement. Without seeing the seal, it’s difficult to say if this could be a solution. Short term you may be able to use something like ptfe tape to try and get a better seal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom