• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

iPod's and media cable...???

DJM

Car
2015 E63 AMG SALOON :)
Hi everyone.
I'm after a bit of advice please :)
I collected my brand new E63 saloon last month but unfortunately my iPhone 6 isn't fully compatible with the media interface cable :(
I can select songs from the phone itself and they play fine through the car but I need to connect my very old iPod Classic (160gb) in order for my music and playlists to be accessible from the COMAND screen. This is fine but I really want to control the Deezer app (or the new apple music app) as that is where a lot of my music is. My old BMW would do this with ease!
So, is there a way that I can buy an old 3rd or 4th generation iPod Touch and use that instead? I assume that because it has a screen I can load Deezer onto it and then control it through the jog wheel etc???
Is this possible or has anyone else found a way to do what I need?
I don't have an old iPod touch so thought I would check here before getting one.
Any help or advice would be great.
TIA :D

Don't get an old iPod touch. They're not compatible, I've gone back to a iPod Classic for my 'owned' music and use Spotify via on my phone via Bluetooth for streaming on Spotify.

Don't get an old iPod touch. They're not compatible, ...

Are you sure, with the latest SW? I have an iPod touch, first generation, on the W222 (kids don't use it any more). Works fine but I had to update the SW and the update is not free (not that expensive either).

Think you need to use the old 30 pin cable with the 30 pin to lightning convertor.

Think you need to use the old 30 pin cable with the 30 pin to lightning convertor.

That's what I had to do and it seemed to do the trick. It's not a cheap cable to get unfortunately.

Mine is now going spare - let me know if you want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom