• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Is this tapping noise normal on M157?

It has the revised solid chains, I check by removing the oil cap.

Just another question please. I struggled to engage gear today on a test drive. Had to be shown the technique.

To engage drive D, its down and then slightly right towards my hip, to get into D. For reverse its up and then slight left.

Is this the correct technique?

Also to put it into park, i was shown to press the P button. That's the easy bit.

Also noticed, on S+ mode, a slight jerk or aggressive downshift as I was coming to a stop at a mini round about. Does that sound right, I'm assuming the S+ mode is for hard track use and not for the road?

There was no special technique changing from D to R in mine.
S+ can be a little fierce when the ATF is still cold and I never used it until oils were up to temperature.
Perfectly usable on the road if you are making "progress". The downshifts are more aggressive with more noise.

Jeez I miss mine:wallbash:

There was no special technique changing from D to R in mine.
S+ can be a little fierce when the ATF is still cold and I never used it until oils were up to temperature.
Perfectly usable on the road if you are making "progress". The downshifts are more aggressive with more noise.

Jeez I miss mine:wallbash:
I found S to be a sweet spot for mine.

S+ is great for spiritied runs (when and where you can 😎).

Mine is pre facelift but I think the gear selector is the same and it just moved straight up or down. Half pull to find neutral or full movement to select d or r

The jerk in s and s+ could be because the car is selecting 1st gear. In c it sets off in 2nd. On mine the change to 1st is more noticeable than the other gears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom