I've bought these wheels, will they fit?! Help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pittnathan

Car
CLK55 AMG
Please help. I've bought some wheels for my w209 clk55. They are 225/35/19 and 265/35/19 with an et42 offset. Standard offfset on my 18's are front 37 and rear 30. Would I be right in thinking I could use a 5mm spacer on the front and a 12-15 spacer on the rear? I'll use high quality hubcentric and I'm worried about nothing other than will they fit without rubbing?

I'm sure they will be fine, best way to find out is test fit them. Prob use 265/30/19 at the back.

My 18"s are 35 section on the rear you will need to come down a bit to keep your rolling radius.

Tony.

Oh dear. I've just bought 265/35/19 for the rear! Would you have any idea of what spacers I should be using? I went on an offset calculator and haven't a clue what the results mean!

with an offset calculator you need the standard fitment to use as a comparrison
try 1010tyre.com wheel offset calculator but you do need the standard fitments rim width and offset and you will need to do it for front and back seperatly.
Tony.

Best way is to just test them, offset might be higher but you have a wider rim im guessing. They may look spot on.

Yeah I think you're right. Should be here in the next couple of days. I'll post pics when done or more questions when they won't fit!

I think it's front 7.5 et37 and rear 8.5 et30 standard. And I'm hoping to go front 8.5 et42 and rear 9.5 et42. Looking at an online offset calculator I shouldn't be far off. I may need an 10mm front spacer and the rears may fit.

You are a little confused.

Your tyres are all wrong in that the rears will be much taller than the fronts and thus your Cruise control will not operate properly and probably your abs too.

With wider tyres at the rear you need a lower profile so that the diameter of the tyres front and rear are more or less the same. The profile number (35 in your case) is a percentage of the width...so as you get wider, you get taller.

That's the tyres...now the wheels. What size are they, 19 we know, the et we know...but what width are they...when we know that we can give better information.

Bloody hell! I never knew that about the rears. I thought they looked taller but assumed 35 meant mm! What a nightmare. Got a feeling I've cocked up on this wheel decision!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom