Jacking S Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baxta59

Car
E200 (Sold). CLS220 (Sold). S350d W222 current ride
Hi all

I need to jack up my W222 to change the wheels. I don’t have a jack with the car so need to buy one, however I don’t want to damage the jacking points so would like advice on the right scissor jack to buy and do I need an adapter.
Thank you

Hi all

I need to jack up my W222 to change the wheels. I don’t have a jack with the car so need to buy one, however I don’t want to damage the jacking points so would like advice on the right scissor jack to buy and do I need an adapter.
Thank you
Sorry can you move this please as I’ve posted in the wrong section. Thanks

The jacking points will be marked on the sill and also noted in the handbook

Unless you want to carry the scissor jack in the car (you could order the correct one from MB to keep in the car ) I would buy a good quality hydraulic trolley jack that comes with a range of lifting pads. Most have a pad with a cut out for locating over the sill.

I have a low profile 2 tonne trolley jack from Halfords that is used on the MB, MX5 and Range Rover.

The jacking points will be marked on the sill and also noted in the handbook

Unless you want to carry the scissor jack in the car (you could order the correct one from MB to keep in the car ) I would buy a good quality hydraulic trolley jack that comes with a range of lifting pads. Most have a pad with a cut out for locating over the sill.

I have a low profile 2 tonne trolley jack from Halfords that is used on the MB, MX5 and Range Rover.
Thanks but I don’t want a trolley jack particularly. I know where the jacking points are but they look like they are recessed and need a particular rubber adapter

Thanks but I don’t want a trolley jack particularly. I know where the jacking points are but they look like they are recessed and need a particular rubber adapter
Plenty adaptors available on ebay etc, but they are designed to work with the flat pad of a trolley jack.

Hi all

Thank you
Scissor jacks are dangerous and really only for an emergency wheel/puncture change . So by all means buy one for the car boot if there isn’t one but buy a decent Jack for the diy job of changing all the wheels .

For a heavy car like yours, and as others have said, a trolley jack is going to be much safer and easier. You will need a rubber to fit over the sill so that you don't damage it.

You MUST use pads similar to these (note : they are not all the same) and, as said, they will only work with a lift of a trolley jack . You can use a MB 'scissor' jack if you like but I lifted my (lighter) C class with the supplied jack once ...never again, unless in an emergency.

shopping

Agree with the comments about scissor jacks. By all means keep one in the boot for an emergency which hopefully will never happen, but they are dodgy, unstable and potentially dangerous. For any regular use, a good quality low profile hydraulic is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom