K & N filters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy W

Car
ML 270 cdi
Just out of interest, if a sports type filter is fitted, do any adjustments have to be made for the too lean/rich conditions or does the ECU and sensors and probes and gizmos self compensate for the difference in fuelling requirements.

Ummmmmmmmmm.

After reading them 2 links.................. what do you people know about the green cloth air filters as sold by Demon Tweeks.

Take a look at greenfilters.com

If the club official contacts greenfilters trade discounts may be given it says in the FAQ's.

Originally posted by GDC200
Incidently I think the article linked to about particles getting through the filter is tosh. K and N are huge in the US and would have been sued a million times by now if that were so. i remain very happy with mine!
It's not the particles that cause the problem, it's droplets of the oil that's used to stop the particles getting through. The oil droplets can stick to the MAS and this can stop it working :( . K&N apparently tend to "over-soak" the cotton, if you rinse the filter or try to sponge some of the oil off you should prevent that problem happening.

My K&N was dry to touch but killed my MAS off within 25 miles!

Whether it was 100% healthy before I will never know (feels much better now it is replaced).

Originally posted by aroppi
back to OEM paper air filter?

Yes. Got refund on K&N from reseller.

Car feels better with OEM filter and new MAS than ever before.

Pending news from MBUK as to whether or not they will support my claim against K&N for the costs of my MAS.

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Yes. Got refund on K&N from reseller.

Car feels better with OEM filter and new MAS than ever before.

Pending news from MBUK as to whether or not they will support my claim against K&N for the costs of my MAS.

Rather a sign of their own lack of faith in them, MBUK will not state the cause of failure to my MAS as apparently they are too delicate and fail at any time for a multitude of reasons. :confused:

I will be at the GTG. I am not proud.

charity.jpg

^^^ You're looking a bit rough these days Graham :p I never knew you grew your hair long :crazy: :devil:

S.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
^^^ You're looking a bit rough these days Graham :p I never knew you grew your hair long :crazy: :devil:

S.

Hey - it was the only collection pot photo I could find.

Plus I used to grow my hair long over my shoulders!!! Number 3 short back and sides now though ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom