• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

LED tail lights retrofit?

NISFAN

Car
F13 M6.....for now
Does anyone know whether fitting LED rear light clusters will work on a car normally fitted with conventional bulbs?

I'm thinking perhaps the wiring is different, and perhaps bulb failure warnings?

Anyone done this that can answer?

Oh, W204.

Does anyone know whether fitting LED rear light clusters will work on a car normally fitted with conventional bulbs?

I'm thinking perhaps the wiring is different, and perhaps bulb failure warnings?

Anyone done this that can answer?

Oh, W204.
I did a led rear light retrofit on my E36 M3 and I didn't get any error message, I believe the error cancel module is built into the unit (was on mine, might want to check with supplier).

Thanks Harry, I did ask MB dealers, but as usual, they know hardly anything about the parts themselves.

Hopefully someone that has done this on a MB will be along shortly.

Apparently it can be done, you have to get a knowledgable dealer to code the rear lights to LED "present"

Thanks, so it does sound promising.

All I need to find out then is if the plugs are the same, and someone competent enough to STAR it in for me ?!?!?

Thanks, so it does sound promising.

All I need to find out then is if the plugs are the same, and someone competent enough to STAR it in for me ?!?!?

Thread resurrection - did you ever get this done??

again, thread resurrection!

my question is about swapping non-LED (bulb) type with LED type, pre-facelift (pre-FL) with pre-FL, not between pre-FL and FL version. Is it just plug & play? Pictures attached.

non-LED type:
kccrwo.jpg

LED type:
aql4g.jpg

25kkiv6.jpg

Thanks all!

I've just replaced the front side and parking lights on my 2008 s204 with canbus error free 8 SMD LED's. No error warnings on the dash, lights work fine.

If you have developer mode on a Star it can be done.

I can do it for you if you wish.

I replaced the regular light bulb rear lights with Avantgard rear lights on my 2004 W211 last year and they look awesomely fantastic and work just as expected.

I can only encourage anyone to do the same if one thinks about swapping them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom