Looking for an interesting, comfortable cruiser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You're close enough to contact PCS ref the work (and even a recommendation on wheel refurb) whilst you're on base.

Not bad mpg btw (just got 38 out of my more modern V6 on runs to and from the Peak District)

You're close enough to contact PCS

I know, already have done. Might be a bit tricky getting up there as they don't open Saturdays but I'm sure I'd get an opportunity on a Friday afternoon.

Getting the spare key done on Tuesday.

LG.

Blimey, talk about good timing. I've just received an Email from the dealer that sold the car informing me that the previous owner has just sent him the spare key. Knowing how things normally work out for me, I'm surprised that the email didn't arrive tomorrow and was sitting in my inbox as I arrived home, having just bought a new one!

So, providing it doesn't get lost in the post and that when it arrives it works, that's £165 that can be spent on something else. Beer maybe, (only joking!)

LG.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the CLK...think you said wood? So the Elegance equiv is that? Mine the Avantgarde. Am getting various jobs done on mine to tart up and hopefully add some life as cruising on the long runs is just a joy and when needed has a bit of grunt to get you out of trouble.
See someone else mentioned the M6 at Kendal...That is a drive up and down that long sweeping section...did it the day after I bought mine 2 years ago and on a sunny Sunday A.M. at 0630 and zero else there....well I may have pushed the accelerator a bit ;-)

Hi. Yep, an Elegance. The wood seems to come in different shades and some I'm not so keen on but I like it in mine. Yours is a diesel? This is the 1st petrol vehicle I've regularly driven in years. I don't think that I've seen the wrong side of 70 in it yet!

I've just been looking on Ebay for examples getting broken in the hope of landing a correct shade of silver towing eye cover. Loads of 208s getting broken. They must be experiancing a high attrition rate. They do seem to have a greater propensity to rust.

What are you having done to yours?

LG.

Hi. Yep, an Elegance. The wood seems to come in different shades and some I'm not so keen on but I like it in mine. Yours is a diesel? This is the 1st petrol vehicle I've regularly driven in years. I don't think that I've seen the wrong side of 70 in it yet!

I've just been looking on Ebay for examples getting broken in the hope of landing a correct shade of silver towing eye cover. Loads of 208s getting broken. They must be experiancing a high attrition rate. They do seem to have a greater propensity to rust.

What are you having done to yours?

LG.
Hi, I am always a bit iffy with wood in a lot of modern cars,,,sometimes looks so out of place but good if it looks the part...Yes Diesel...sorry...didn't notice yours petrol..There's no such thing as the wrong side of 70 in a mine though I promise all concerned it only ever sees that in emergency or when absolutely safe and sound to do so..

Yes, you can also do Partshsrk or other breaker aggregator sites for specific bits you want...Yes, word is rust is decimating the population of them..

wheels = tatty now AMG alloys fitted as part of sports pack
poss engine remap
ATF change advised here
Poss internal engine clean - have been quoted hydrogen clean, but am checking to see if this good.
Prob will get a few little body bits like scratches driers door handle polished out
Need new undertray front
Poss new tyres as on 18" and bumps and grinds if you hit anything bigger/deeper than a tuppence..
Poss new discs/calipers if can find something tops for not too much money - maybe search the scrappers for those
Poss replace the Comand unit which is frankly crap and no good for digital stuff but having prob finding a good unit for less than about £700/800 at mo to include sat nav not via phone/
Prob more but don't want to scare the bank manager

Keep us updated on progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom