• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Looking for R129 advice

Argg

Car
E220d Coupe
Hi. I’ve been converted to MB in the last few years. Daily drive was an E class S213 estate and is currently the C238 coupe (profile pic), both 220d. More on that later.

Now at that stage where I’m looking to dip my toe into affordable “classic” ownership and have been drawn towards the R129 SL. Seen a 320SL in particular, 1999 with 82k miles and vg service history and pano hard top. Some questions if I may:
  • What sort of price is reasonable (ind dealer/classic car workshop)?
  • things to look out for?
  • (Newbie question) have seen some with two rear seats with lap belts and others simply two seater with a carpeted luggage area. Was this a spec option? My feelings are this should be a straightforward 2 seater.
  • Any sources of spec for model range and year available online?
all replies welcomed and looking forward to falling down the classic car ownership rabbit hole

Cheers

Have a look at this thread for some recent opinions on a similar question, including a couple of links that I posted that you might find useful.

Have a look at this thread for some recent opinions on a similar question, including a couple of links that I posted that you might find useful.

Cheers 👍

Hi. I’ve been converted to MB in the last few years. Daily drive was an E class S213 estate and is currently the C238 coupe (profile pic), both 220d. More on that later.

Now at that stage where I’m looking to dip my toe into affordable “classic” ownership and have been drawn towards the R129 SL. Seen a 320SL in particular, 1999 with 82k miles and vg service history and pano hard top. Some questions if I may:
  • What sort of price is reasonable (ind dealer/classic car workshop)?
  • things to look out for?
  • (Newbie question) have seen some with two rear seats with lap belts and others simply two seater with a carpeted luggage area. Was this a spec option? My feelings are this should be a straightforward 2 seater.
  • Any sources of spec for model range and year available online?
all replies welcomed and looking forward to falling down the classic car ownership rabbit hole

Cheers

Hi , Olly at PCS in horndean( not far from you ) is well informed with these cars.

Hi and welcome,

prices for these vary immensely, just be happy with the price you pay for the car. There seem to be plenty of 320’s around.
seats, some where specified with them, some not.
plenty of good info on here as already mentioned and in general online…but just ask away here.

My only advise is get a V8 as you'll regret it otherwise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom