• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Luton Airport car park fire

Deposit price and monthly price please. Small vehicle.

Sure.

Cheapest A-Class ICE:

Screenshot-20231011-192226-Chrome.jpg

Cheapest A-Class EV:

Screenshot-20231011-192142-Chrome.jpg

Sure.

Cheapest A-Class EV:

Odd VAT inc price discrepancy on the EV ?

Apart from that comment - there are quite a few odd deals going around at the moment. We used to see cars such as the BMW M5 or S Class being dropped on leases at remarkable monthlies back in the good old days a decade or so ago. Gotta keep those production slots filled if demand drops I guess. There's more stuff available for immediate delivery and more delivery mileage stuff about.

Well apart from the resale value of EV's going down the toilet,and their insurance going through the roof and the cost of charging them around the country costing more everything is ok if this RR was a diesel,the sale of EV's has stalled and after today I suggest that many frankly crazy buyers may well cancel a order,because the case against running a EV there for all to see,and this RR just might be one of those new EV's I hope not, hate to hit a man/EV when he/it is down
To be fair dodgy JLR electrics are nothing new. Combine that with general unreliability, and their “Gone in 60 seconds” insurance reputation, and people are still queuing up to buy six figure Diesel hybrid Range Rovers.

Has this actually been said by the fire service? Or is it just a hypothesis?
Just pointing out that the BBC report that the Range Rover isn’t “just a diesel,” but one of the new diesel hybrids

Nice one.
I'm familiar with insurance being based on annual mileage, but now it seems they factor in range.
I don't understand what you mean?

The personal lease prices are already inclusive of VAT.

If EVs are facing 'massive depreciation', then clearly someone forgot to tell the lease companies about it........
The lease prices already tell you what depreciation the actuaries have expected at time of lease.

Insurance in our Fiesta is £2400 a year.
That combination of driver, location, NCB and expected mileage.

So around £4-£4500 a year to lease?

Yes. That's for the Mercedes A-Class, lesser brands will obviously be much cheaper (MG etc).

My point was the lease prices for an EV and a similar ICE car aren't a millions miles apart, debunking the myth that EV depreciate badly.

If reading all these posts from 'knowledgeable' people got you worried that you'll loose substantially more on a new EV than on a new ICE, then take the risk out of the equation and lease instead - you won't be hit by unexpected depreciation.

A fifteen year old, badly maintained vehicle is more likely to catch fire than one that's less than a year old and still under warranty.

Although that statement makes perfect sense I'm pretty sure that's not correct in the real world. Although I don't have to hand I've definitely read articles that have said new cars are more likely to catch fire due to manufacturing faults on the much more extensive use of electrics than older cars. Certainly ties in with what I've seen with my own eyes whilst doing my 75k miles a year !

But as a side note 2 of the 3 cars that I have had burst into flames have been down to my exceptional electrical skills fitting my bangin systems whilst the 3rd one to go up was due to me plugging in a laptop and forcing a exceptionally long dpf regen and it was only an hour later that I noticed that the interior was on fire, 😁 oopsy

And the deposit?
if you Google MB EV lease deals there’s lots of options. You can adjust the deposit to alter the monthly cost. Also depends on your annual mileage.

Here it is:

Are you considering leasing an EQA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom