Man jailed for using speed camera jammer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"The purpose of our enforcement fleet is to reduce road casualties," he said.

Hmm... which is why I only ever see them on nice warm summer days with excellent driving conditions.. Never on the cold damp dark miserable winter days where speeding is far more of a concern. :rolleyes:

Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they can't see you
icon_cool.gif

Doesn't a member on here have one of these but thinly disguised as a garage door opener?

It seems that Police detection is made “easier” when the owner of these jammers decides upon showing off the power of the device by deliberate flouting of current speed laws under the noses (or cameras) bringing their flagrant law breaking to the attention of the Police.

We had one guy caught in Kent who would deliberately make rude pose’s while speeding under the same cameras. This led to an unmarked waiting and following him home.

A special kind of numb nut. Jailed (I believe). I think classed as perjury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the new breed of speed camera now, its more like a snipers rifle. you could be nicked and not know anything about it as you pulled off a junction before where he is sitting lol.
I have had radar detectors back in the day (25+ years ago) but would never consider a jammer although they were out then. also used to remove my detector before travelling over the border to Scotland as they banned these a long long time ago.

I think most people regard speeding as a relatively minor offence - let's face it, it usually is, although the knock-on effect of being caught a few times can be quite far-reaching. Unfortunately, a few people seem to think that, because it's a minor transgression, anything they do to try to frustrate being caught committing it is just as trivial. It's not, and will usually result in the aforementioned 'pervert the course of justice' charge rearing its ugly head - so £100 and 3 points (bearable) starts to move towards a usually-short term of imprisonment (painful). Applying the same logic, when I'm out on my bike, for example, I never, ever offer myself up for a visit to court (because therein might lie a ban.....), restricting myself, when safe to do so, to a ticket-only sort of speed. Common sense really....if you can't do the time etc etc. :D

Pete

Applying the same logic, when I'm out on my bike, for example, I never, ever offer myself up for a visit to court (because therein might lie a ban.....), restricting myself, when safe to do so, to a ticket-only sort of speed. Common sense really....if you can't do the time etc etc. :D

Pete

Hello hello hello, is this an ex plod owning up to speeding on occasion?:D

Fair play, at least you are honest enough to say so.

Hello hello hello, is this an ex plod owning up to speeding on occasion?:D

Fair play, at least you are honest enough to say so.

It is indeed! :D I apply similar rules to those that were hammered into me on my advanced car and bike courses - posted 30/40/50 limits are stuck to rigidly, NSL is game-on! Well, not really game-on these days....I can't remember the last time I did over 80 on a suitable, single-carriageway NSL road, and I don't ever speed on motorways....not for fear of being caught, I'm just happier bimbling along....it must be an age thing! :)

Pete

Doesn't a member on here have one of these but thinly disguised as a garage door opener?
Didn't some of them actually function as garage door openers ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom