Driver who flashed others to warn of police speed trap is fined £175.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd be in favour of swapping speed detectors for sniper's rifles in built up areas if it meant motorway speed limits could be relaxed.

The Swedish Polis might still have their harpoon-equipped Volvo they used at one time to stop fleeing cars :devil:

Perhaps they should put up 'coffin' (or similar) signs up at the roadside on the approach to locations where there has been a fatal crash ? Multiple coffins would indicate multiple deaths and might be sobering for some drivers ?

stick a coffin at the side of the road and some chav will think "oooh, free coffins!"

nothing is going to stop speeding, i still enjoy a blast out on my bike, where i of course ALWAYS stick to the speed limit.

and i own a bridge in brooklyn that i'm willing to sell to anyone who believed
the above bit.

stick a coffin at the side of the road and some chav will think "oooh, free coffins!"

nothing is going to stop speeding, i still enjoy a blast out on my bike, where i of course ALWAYS stick to the speed limit.

and i own a bridge in brooklyn that i'm willing to sell to anyone who believed
the above bit.

It was a coffin SIGN I was suggesting - not an actual coffin .

I had in mind a triangular warning sign with a coffin symbol on the approach to a location where a fatality had occurred - not unlike the 'blackspot' warning sign sometimes used at the scene of multiple crashes .

A warning sign showing multiple coffins would indicate multiple deaths had occurred at a location - these signs should be placed ahead of the site to warn people before they get there - I sometimes think that floral and other tributes at crash sites are a distraction which might cause passing motorists to have/cause further crashes as they take their eyes/mind off the road .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom