• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

MB UK customer services.

stoutgoose

Car
2012 Mercedes Benz C207 E350CDI, L322 Range Rover.
Simon Oldfield has now left this position.

Does anyone know who the new head of customer services is, and ideally a contact email address for them?

Simon Oldfield has now left this position.

Does anyone know who the new head of customer services is, and ideally a contact email address for them?

I noticed you have Range Rover Classic 2 door listed in your tag. The RR Classic (as it is now called) is very much on my radar for a future purchase. What is it like living with one, how is parts availability these days (I am out of touch since selling my 90 five years ago), any pictures you can post? I would have had one by now if our building work hadn't run on and over significantly.

This is my second Classic. I have an engineering background, specifically on Land Rovers so do most of my own maintainence which keeps costs down. Mechanical parts are plentiful, but certain trim and interior parts and especially window rubbers are impossible to find.
They are becoming quite popular with investors now and as a consequence, prices have rocketed.
Underneath it is very much like a 90 and drives like one. It rolls like mad and is pretty agricultural, but I love loafing along in it. 15 mpg is expensive if you are covering big miles, but then the moden ones still only return about 20!
Are you looking for a work horse or classic car?

This is my second Classic. I have an engineering background, specifically on Land Rovers so do most of my own maintainence which keeps costs down. Mechanical parts are plentiful, but certain trim and interior parts and especially window rubbers are impossible to find.
They are becoming quite popular with investors now and as a consequence, prices have rocketed.
Underneath it is very much like a 90 and drives like one. It rolls like mad and is pretty agricultural, but I love loafing along in it. 15 mpg is expensive if you are covering big miles, but then the moden ones still only return about 20!
Are you looking for a work horse or classic car?

I promised myself a RR since seeing one in about 1974 on the A1 and it has been an enduring unrequited love since. It has never been quite the right time or right vehicle etc etc but have always kept looking over the years, even when I had the 90 (which I did a lot of work to). It still isn't the right time for me to buy for reasons various which is a shame because I have noticed a few gems being advertised. I too have noticed the prices going up…CSK's for £75k:eek: and decent examples are now £10-15k (four door versions-the two doors are now way too much). When it is time, I will buy the best I can afford and it will be for fun only. Being retired, I will be able to spend time renovating and tidying if need be and the fuel costs are irrelevant.

What colour is yours?

I remember the RR when it first came out. I worked in the trade and loved it. I predicted that it would be a complete flop though as if you wanted to go off road you bought a Land Rover and if you wanted a luxury car you bought a Jag.
I knew a lot about cars in those days.

It's sandglow yellow; colour of my childhood. I remember Marinas, Maxis and other varieties of BL's finest clad in it! The wife hates it!
It's a 1980 model. I chose this over an earlier one because other than a respray it is unmolested and unwelded. The previous two owners had it from 1985 and 2001 respectively, so it was fortunate to be garaged and cared for.
I'm not sure how to post pictures on here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom