MB World - Sunday 8th July 11:00

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Add me too please
The new toy
SL65 AMG
Black on black

Be good to put faces to names
Excellent I'm guessing a few of us would like to see your car and of course meet your good self.

1. Bryan Allman
2. C43AMG
3. Charles Morgan
4. h17n dj
5. B1RMA
6. Arthur.
7. Dizz
8. Sjmaxwell - possible
9. mattk1
10. PenelopePitstop - maybe if not on some road trip.
11. seby227
12. tbourner
13. Bieldside

Coming along nicely with a good mixture of old and new faces. keep them coming :)

I'm definitely excited for this! It's been a while since I've seen a few of you and the last time I came was just before I took the W126 off the road for a full restoration.

Can someone explain MB World? Is it just a giant Merc dealership, where it's so big the customer lounge has become it's own coffee shop, and it has extra fancy cars to look at along with the usual stuff?

I realise there's also a track there, and they do driving experience stuff. Is it just driving around the track in an AMG? I've considered doing a skidpan thing in our cars at Thruxton, but probably not worth "experiencing" an AMG :D

Can someone explain MB World? Is it just a giant Merc dealership, where it's so big the customer lounge has become it's own coffee shop, and it has extra fancy cars to look at along with the usual stuff?

I realise there's also a track there, and they do driving experience stuff. Is it just driving around the track in an AMG? I've considered doing a skidpan thing in our cars at Thruxton, but probably not worth "experiencing" an AMG :D

It is the main UK showroom of Mercedes-Benz UK

Its easier to give you a link to their site than try and explain what is available there.

Mercedes-Benz World

Google is your friend ;)

Yeah I looked at the website, it's all very showy and corporate though, doesn't really explain what people actually do when they go there. Like is it a day out, or just something to visit if you're in the area, or more a place to go for a specific reason (like if you're looking to buy a car)? I've looked through the Google maps streetview pictures as well, there are loads of the inside of the showroom.

Yeah I looked at the website, it's all very showy and corporate though, doesn't really explain what people actually do when they go there. Like is it a day out, or just something to visit if you're in the area, or more a place to go for a specific reason (like if you're looking to buy a car)? I've looked through the Google maps streetview pictures as well, there are loads of the inside of the showroom.

I get my car serviced there, so I drop it off have a look around MB World then go over to the Brooklands Museum it's a nice day out for me.
The driving experience has members the Silver Arrows display team as instructors, all of the very highest calibre. I did a four hour session in a SL63 and really enjoyed it.

1. Bryan Allman
2. C43AMG
3. Charles Morgan
4. h17n dj
5. B1RMA
6. Arthur.
7. Dizz
8. Sjmaxwell - possible
9. mattk1
11. seby227
12. tbourner
13. Bieldside
14. pstock (work dependent)

Picked my C43 up from there, it’s s cracking place. Didn’t qualify for the driving experience because ‘only’ bought a C43, was told it had to be A45 or above. Sales guy tried to sort out a discount but nothing materialised. Sad times. The drive home was most eventful though.

Oh so it's actual track training? I assumed it was just to "Experience the unbelievable acceleration, unique handling and jaw dropping sound and power of a high-performance Mercedes-AMG engine", like; I do that every day so it didn't make sense. But if it includes tuition then it's probably worth it.

You can opt to just be driven, or upgrade and get to play yourself.
You pays your money......

With also being driven to understand full capability of the car as well
Just be careful as to what you eat before hand:rolleyes:

Oh so it's actual track training? I assumed it was just to "Experience the unbelievable acceleration, unique handling and jaw dropping sound and power of a high-performance Mercedes-AMG engine", like; I do that every day so it didn't make sense. But if it includes tuition then it's probably worth it.

It is worth every penny, I've done countless track days and had tuition from an up and coming GT3 guy many years ago. But the MB World driving sessions are really good, as I mentioned they are all members of the Silver Arrows display team (say no more) and if you are able to 1. get the same car as you own for the session and 2. it is pouring with rain.
I spent a good three solid hours thrashing the life out of a 5.5 turbo SL63 in truly torrential rain and thanks to the expert instruction came away with a far greater understanding of me and the car's abilities. I read somewhere that the tracks were designed by MIRA to replicate a short very twisty A road on one circuit, then a higher speed slightly less twisty A road on the other.
I paid about £400 for the four hour session, which when you take into account tyres and fuel you probably get expert one to one tuition free of charge.

I've done racing courses before, Thruxton in the Huracan was awesome! I'm thinking of going back there to take both our cars onto the skid pan and handling circuit.
You don't have to keep explaining how good it is, I just assumed from the name "driving experience" and the fact the website says what I quoted above - it sounds like you just drive a nice car around, which would be dull. I doubt I'll be doing it, especially not with someone else driving (2 laps of Thruxton in an Octavia VRS estate nearly had me throwing up), but who knows, I'll see what it all looks like when I go there.

And believe me, you don't.....;)
Acceleration, power, sound - I definitely do. Unique handling maybe not - but then we have the 3 series for twisty roads, the barge doesn't cut it.

1. Bryan Allman
2. C43AMG
3. Charles Morgan
4. h17n dj
5. B1RMA
6. Arthur.
7. Dizz
8. Sjmaxwell - possible
9. mattk1
11. seby227
12. tbourner
13. Bieldside
15. JRH30

Done!

1. Bryan Allman
2. C43AMG
3. Charles Morgan
4. h17n dj
5. B1RMA
6. Arthur.
7. Dizz
8. Sjmaxwell - possible
9. mattk1
11. seby227
12. tbourner
13. Bieldside
15. JRH30
16. Breham

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom