• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes benz C220 2010 - Bulb and Battery issues

tbrock32

Car
Mercedes Benz C220
Hey all, only just registered in the hope someone can help!

I have a MB C220 2010 - A few weeks ago the ignition was on with the radio on and phone charging but the engine was off, after about 25 minutes I went to start the car and it was dead, after jumping it (very easily) I thought I best get a new battery (which I haven't yet)

Alongside this I keep getting an array of messages on my dash saying that bulbs have gone (rear RH indicator, rear RH brake, rear fog lights, parking light + more) some of these bulbs have indeed gone and some of them still strangely work. Has anyone experienced this? I'm wondering if my battery is dodgy it might solve this but keen to hear if anyone else has encountered similar

I’d get the charging (and battery) tested. It could be overcharging which has blown bulbs and fried the battery.
If it has, this is usually accompanied by an ‘eggy’ sulphurous smell.
More than about 14.5 volts at the battery is suspect.
Mercedes bulb failure detection os pretty sensitive and can sometimes alert if a bulb is due to fail as the resistance goes out of tolerance.

I’d get the charging (and battery) tested. It could be overcharging which has blown bulbs and fried the battery.
If it has, this is usually accompanied by an ‘eggy’ sulphurous smell.
More than about 14.5 volts at the battery is suspect.
Mercedes bulb failure detection os pretty sensitive and can sometimes alert if a bulb is due to fail as the resistance goes out of tolerance.
Thanks for the response mate! I'm off to have it tested tomorrow and will likely replace, just didn't want to go out and buy a load of bulbs and a battery for this not to be the issue

Reactions: Ted
So get the charging tested at the same time. You don’t want to fry a brand new battery!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

If you still have issues with faulty bulbs/messages after sorting the battery issue, you may have the infamous W204 rear lamp cluster earthing fault. There is an easy fix shown in the video below.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom