• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes CLS 219 Aux Input

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi,
I have a 219 CLS 55 55 Plate, 06 MY, with Command (NTG 1?? I think) Harman Kardon sounds, with TV Tuner and OEM IPOD Kit.
I have noticed that when you press for video on the command unit on the left of the screen there is the option of selecting DVD or TV, and on the right hand side there is Aux 1 and Aux 2.
Now feel sure that these two options were not there when I got the car, not sure when they started to appear but the car has been fully updated by MB Germany, and it is running the latest SAT NAV Map disc.
They both appear to be a video input of some sort.
Anyone know what these are for?

There are 2 video AUX connections on the TV tuner (in the boot)

There is also an audio AUX in the glovebox

Richard

There are 2 video AUX connections on the TV tuner (in the boot)

There is also an audio AUX in the glovebox

Richard

I have lost the Aux connection in the glove box, as I have installed an OEM IPOD kit, though it would be nice to get this functionality back somehow.
What could you use these two Video aux for?, reversing camera?

I have lost the Aux connection in the glove box, as I have installed an OEM IPOD kit, though it would be nice to get this functionality back somehow.
What could you use these two Video aux for?, reversing camera?

To select them you have to do it using those buttons you have seen. There is no way to make it auto select reverse, but you could put a camera on one.
The other you could use as an AUX

They are 3 RCA's per AUX (left, right and composite video) - they are on the back of the TV tuner, so a little effort to get to them. The TV tuner is in the boot on the left below the NAV drive.

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom