• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes money saving tip

MB Enthusiast
Car
09 E320 cdi Sport Estate, 98 E300TD Estate, 99 SL 500
Hi

Annoyed at the cost of the pollen filter (£20 + vat) for my 98 E 300 i decided not to change it at the last service, well sure enough i found the blower making noise and not delivering.
Removed the said filter and hoovered it out with the wifes hoover and a pointy attachment thingy on the end and low and behold the fan is working at full effiency again. Total time 10mins.

Try it it works.

PS Didn't think this warranted a post in the "How to" section ;) ;)

Reactions: PJH
No comment :D :D

Rose Chap said:
Just noticed use of the phrase "the wife's hoover". Your hoover not up to it then? ;)

Very Funny.

My wife wants a Kryten :devil: , Much better than a Dyson or a Hoover apparently.......

Mike

230K said:
Hi

Annoyed at the cost of the pollen filter (£20 + vat) for my 98 E 300 i decided not to change it at the last service, well sure enough i found the blower making noise and not delivering.
Removed the said filter and hoovered it out with the wifes hoover and a pointy attachment thingy on the end and low and behold the fan is working at full effiency again. Total time 10mins.

Try it it works.

PS Didn't think this warranted a post in the "How to" section ;) ;)
I think it warrants a How To. As in, how do I find said filter? How do I remove it? How do I use a hoover?

For real, a removal and reinsertion of W210 filter HOWTO with photos would rock.

-simon

MikeL said:
My wife wants a Kryten :devil: , Much better than a Dyson or a Hoover apparently.......

Mike
What? You want Kryten, the robot (sorry, Android) from Red Dwarf? :confused:

kryten-extension.jpg

Last edited:
It may be making less noise but it won't be working as it's supposed to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom