ML 320 cdi requires a Tracker for cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
I'm thinking of buying one of these, but my insurance company (Privilege) want me to fit a Tracker before it will be covered for Theft.

Any more ML owners out there with the same problem? Which company do you use that doesn't require such a gadget?

Are MLs more likely to be stolen than other cars?

Just find another insurer. You're not likely to save enough money to justify the extra cost.

Only a few awkward ones will ask for a Tracker, most don't :)

I had same issue with Privilege and my CLK, took my business elsewhere and didn't see a hike in premium either.

I was coming to that conclusion Will. The same mob wanted a Tracker on Her Ladyship's SLK. Managed to get MB to fit one FOC though. Not sure if the garage will do the same with the one I fancy.

I've noticed the spate of BMW's being stolen lately, a few of them had trackers which were easily immobilised by the thiefs. A lot of money wasted if modern technology now beats them so easily.

Russ

I've noticed the spate of BMW's being stolen lately, a few of them had trackers which were easily immobilised by the thiefs. A lot of money wasted if modern technology now beats them so easily.

Russ

2 minute job to immobilise a tracker, they now a complete waste of money IMHO, the thieves that nick high end cars aren't scallys and are technically competent so with a little bit of electronics kit available from most places tracker is easy to identify and remove, your only chance is if it activates and happens to be detected by the cops early after the activation

When our CLK and SLK were new virtually all companies wanted a Tracker fitted before providing cover. The last 2-3 years not a single one has required it. Maybe they have realised that the trackers are not as invincible as first thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom