• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

ML320 ISM issue

JennyStringer

Car
ML 320
My car keeps coming up with the warning 'not in position P' and 'take to a garage without changing gear'. It only seems to do it in the morning and when you turn the engine off and then restart it is normally fine, once it got stuck in park and when I eventually got it towed to a garage and they read the fault code as A80, once cleared the car was fine to drive. I got it checked out by Mercedes afterwards and they couldn't find anything wrong, they updated the ISM software and all was fine until today when it flashed up as 'not in position P' again. I am at a loss and hoping someone on here can help me find an answer. TIA :dk:

Take it to a garage with a Star. It's guesswork otherwise

I took it to Mercedes and they found no issues, they said because I had wiped the codes to enable me to drive it there they couldn't find any problems or get the car to do it again. Since I took it to them it has done it twice but when I stop the engine and remove the keys it is like it resets and drives fine....till the next time it gets properly stuck in park. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and get a new ISM but buying it and getting it programmed is a small fortune!

when switch off and restart it is ECU reset but it should not take out the fault what u the car etc pls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom