• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mobile speed cameras not just checking speed!

Switch positions are probably determined for left hand drive cars, where they’re more logically placed.

In my car, gle, they seem to be placed for a RHD, IMO
The good thing is, I read a while back that EuroNCap is to start taking into account the ease of use of gadets, touch screens etc. Hopefully, more
car makers will then go back to a few more knobs in cars. However, I do know its cheaper to just put in touch screens.

The other day a Youtube vlogger was talking about car makers not making smaller cars as the profits are so small due to rules and regulations for new cars, ie mandatory stuff in the EU. Therefore, any new, small cars if they still make them will, are much more expensive. Ford stopped making the fiesta and I'm not sure if they still make the Ka.

It's possibly a factor, but the heated seat switch (which does get used a fair bit) would be furthest from the driver in LHD!
Nope, the left seat would then be the drivers seat. So the far switch would be closest to the passenger.

But you can't swap these switch functions.
The rocker with the icon is clipped onto a circuit board behind.
The circuit board is matched to the canbus instruction/s.
So you could easily swap the rockers, so a different icon, but it would still operate as the original function was designed.

Tbh the arrangement of many things on the 639 just demonstrate that MB did things on the cheap.
The bonnet pull is n/s,
the emergency blade for the unlocking only works on the n/s front door.
They couldn't be assed adapting the vehicle to driving on the correct side.

It's possibly a factor, but the heated seat switch (which does get used a fair bit) would be furthest from the driver in LHD!

Nope, the left seat would then be the drivers seat. So the far switch would be closest to the passenger.

That's what I was saying - in LHD the heated seat switch would be the furthest one from the driver?!

1729511172775.png

Reactions: m80
That's what I was saying - in LHD the heated seat switch would be the furthest one from the driver?!

View attachment 162812
Sorry, I didn't pick up on that as both ours are heated.

I assume on the LHD Dualiner / Traveliner the left seat would be the heated one.

The other day a man aged probably about 50+ was riding out of a side road on a bend to my left into a one-way road that is relatively wide as I negotiated the bend at 20mph in the 20 zone, the next time I saw him he was heading my way, ie wrong way - he panicked/wobbled and I quickly moved my car to the right - he must have approached the junction close to 20mph - I then saw him hit the kerb but he remained upright and carried
on the wrong way up the road. The wider pillars do not help. Thought the inbred was at fault, he would have damaged my car if he had hit me and caused me problems. Incredibly, a few mins up the road, I saw the same inbred ride past me at the red lights at a pedestrian crossing, he just road through the red lights.
Reminds me of something that happened to me a few years back. I was posted to a city at the other end of the country, and hired a car whilst I was down there.
One afternoon I was in (lightish) city traffic & out of nowhere I heard a "thunk" behind me. I looked in my rearview mirror & confirmed that there were no vehicles behind me. As I did so, a figure clambered upright against my O/S rear corner.
I got out of my car, and could see his bicycle splattered on the ground. I could also see substantial damage to my hire-car.
My opening gambit was "are you alright fella, you went with one hell of bump". His aggressive & incomprehensible retort left me in very little doubt that he was pi$$ed as a newt.
Long & short of it, he left the scene (having pushed some poor lady over, who had announced herself as a nurse & wanted to see if he was injured).
Hire company were "happy" when it came time to return my car.. :oops:

Sorry, I didn't pick up on that as both ours are heated.

I assume on the LHD Dualiner / Traveliner the left seat would be the heated one.

Yep we have the dual passenger seat so only the driver's is heated.

Depends on the car. On mine the seat heating (and cooling) switches for the driver are on the driver's side, and for the front passenger they're on the passenger side.
Image.jpeg

Last edited:
Depends on the car. On mine the seat heating (and cooling) switches for the driver are on the driver's side, and for the front passenger they're on the passenger side.

Very sensible. Our W205 C Class has the heater switches on the doors, which isn't too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom