Motoring hates, the complete catalogue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Perhaps there are some people on this forumwho would add Dr**sf**lds to this list ?

Gosh, shock horror !! Dronsfields? that establishment that supplies crap parts, never :D

And if they want to take me to court for this post then they can as I still have the photos

I once rang them about some rear lamps. They were the same price for used units as the dealer was for new. Who are the stealers?

Thought of some more after today.
1, People that go onto a garage forecourt and just stop waiting for one of up to a dozen pumps to come free on the side their petrol cap is on, blocking everybody else who knows either from experience, or by reading the signs on the pumps, that the filler will reach either side of their cars, from getting near the pumps.
2, And as REES A stated all ( OK, 99.9% of ) motorcyclists. Is it that their helmets are too tight and they stop the bits that retain the Highway Code, common sense and courtesy, from operating?
3, Anybody wearing a hat while driving ( have I had that one?)
4, Generally Old people driving cars in cold weather wearing a hat ( see, I told you, hats!), coat and gloves to drive. Dont they have heaters?
5, People who accelerate as you try to overtake them then follow you really closely for half a mile when you eventually get past them then drop down to their original speed, then 5 miles further on belt past you then slow down and the whole miserable experience starts all over again as they slow down in front of you. Or does it just happen to me on the A2?

Allan

Last edited:
bibamus said:
5, People who accelerate as you try to overtake them then follow you really closely for half a mile when you eventually get past them then drop down to their original speed, then 5 miles further on belt past you then slow down and the whole miserable experience starts all over again as they slow down in front of you. Or does it just happen to me on the A2?
No Allen, these muppets almost deserve a thread of their own!

Another example which almost reads like yours but in reverse:

I'm making "good progress" on the motorway, usually with cruise control on. Some clever person sees me making "good progress" and decides "hey, I can go that fast too, in fact I can go faster!". They decide to overtake me, but realise that to actually overtake me they will have to be going 10mph faster or it'll take about a week to complete. After a long, drawn-out overtaking manoeuvre they pull in and then realise they're doing about 100mph, so slow down forcing me and probably others to then overtake them. WELL DONE. This is also usually either a 3-series or a saxo/other "hot" hatch (engine and exhaust making silly noises at those kinds of speeds!).

The usual scenario is that I'm on cruise control in LH or centre lane, approaching a car in front, pull out to overtake. They speed up. I drop back in behind. They slow down. I pull out again, they match my speed. I accelerate past and 50 yds later pull in again and back on cruise control. They overtake, pull in front, and slow down. Etc. etc.

AAAAAARRGH ....

On the overtaking front then is the lorry doing 56mph being overtaken by another lorry doing 56.1mph on a dual carriageway or 2 lane motorway....on a busy Friday evening.....then, the road turns into a slight incline, and lorry 2 ( 56.1mph) who is almost past lorry 1 ( 56mph) starts to slow down

And .....

Why do people pull in front of me from a side road, then immediately stop for a shop, or worse in the middle of the road to turn right. or is it just me?

Last edited:
I'm amazed that nobody has yet mentioned 'bump' parkers.

My pet hates are the use of fog lights when there's no fog - usually BMWs - and people with those f-ing headlights that dazzle you from about 100 yards behind, if they're zenons then you can shove the bloody things!

As a cyclist, idiots who open their car door without looking behind them. And someone mentioned the cycle lane on the A4, I came across this marvellous facility the other week and can only say that any cyclist stupid enough to want to share the road with artics doing 50mph instead of using it shouldn't be allowed the opportunity to procreate.

There's a similar cycle lane along the A8 past Ingliston showground and I'm amazed at the number of cyclists who ignore it to cycle amongst the traffic on this busy dual carriageway . I've cycled the lane myself and there's nothing wrong with it .

kensalriser said:
And someone mentioned the cycle lane on the A4, I came across this marvellous facility the other week and can only say that any cyclist stupid enough to want to share the road with artics doing 50mph instead of using it shouldn't be allowed the opportunity to procreate.

Hopefully, natural selection will work in your favour (The Darwin Awards), just make sure it's someone else who delivers the coup de grace.
Les

DuFFmAn said:
- Drive with the windows open yet the Aircon is on full blast :|

I've just got to ask - why is an open window so annoying, and how do you know they've got the air con on.....?

The open windows can be annoying to others when they allow morons with very loud car stereos and no taste in music to sound pollute the surrounding area (particularly annoying if you're stuck in traffic next to them). The same people usually have 'boy racer' exhausts which also allow the car to make a great deal of noise usually to very little effect .

Couldn't agree more - the windows down cruisin' with the stereo flat out is just laughable. I have my windows up when the music is on loud..... ;-)

I just don't get the air con bit - how can that be annoying and how can you tell?

Cars with stickers such as "Baby onboard - keep distance"... What is the point of the sticker? If they didn't have the sticker, would I deliberately try to ram them off the road? Or is that I should be aware that the driver will devote all his/her attention to the screaming children in the back, thus ignoring standards of good driving? Just pointless IMO

Someone on this forum a while again made the comment that the stickers were for the fire or ambulance service to make sure they knew to look for a small child or baby in the event of an accident (in case the baby seat was not hint enough!).
This seems quite a sensible precaution.
Steve

splang said:
Someone on this forum a while again made the comment that the stickers were for the fire or ambulance service to make sure they knew to look for a small child or baby in the event of an accident (in case the baby seat was not hint enough!).
This seems quite a sensible precaution.
That's great, I'm 100% certain that everyone with one of those signs removes it when the baby isn't present, I mean if 5 people die trying to pull an empty babyseat out of a burning car wreck it's definitely worthwhile.

What about when I see a "baby on board" sign and the child in question is running up and down the back seat totally unrestrained? Am I supposed to apply more care to my driving than the parent does parenting?

Those signs are right up there with green L or P plates: their only purpose is to populate motoring grump threads.

Shude said:
What about when I see a "baby on board" sign and the child in question is running up and down the back seat totally unrestrained? Am I supposed to apply more care to my driving than the parent does parenting?

Erm, yes. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom