Moving from a W211 E55K to a W212 E63 Biturbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not so much missing, as never fitted Rog. ISTR the small ///AMG badge in the grill didn’t appear until some time during 2015 production.

Oh, Roger you've fitted an AMG badge that shouldn't be there :eek: Mmmm let you off though. :rolleyes:;):)

Oh no! I'll never live this down. Inappropriate badging:D

Has anyone connected the Ctek battery charger fly lead to the positive and negative posts in the engine bay?
Not sure how either will bolt on easily. I want a permanent easy connection to save messing with crocodile clups on the battery terminals should the battery need a boost in the winter.
Have I got to connect the lead directly to the battery ?

Here's what I have.

View attachment 89167 View attachment 89168 View attachment 89169 View attachment 89170
you wont need it Roger, My E55 used to drain if i left it for two weeks, but the 63 had been left over a month and started first time..... i doubt you will need the ctek

For an AGM battery I wouldn’t recommend a direct connection. Your manual should cover it.

I’ve charged with crocodile clips on the provided posts. It’s a shame there’s no socket on mine. I expect you could drill and fit a comfort connector.

For an AGM battery I wouldn’t recommend a direct connection. Your manual should cover it.

I’ve charged with crocodile clips on the provided posts. It’s a shame there’s no socket on mine. I expect you could drill and fit a comfort connector.

So drilling the connector posts inside the engine compartment as shown in photos is the way to proceed and avoid a direct connection to the battery?

I'll also RTFM:D

Mines not a CTEK but I've used a similar trickle charger for 6+ years now, connected up to the 2 posts as shown in your first picture. Mine uses crocodile clips but seems to work okay as I can see it charging then maintaining. Car regularly parked up for ages (trouble with having too many cars:)) and seems fine to me.

Nice car by the way - I quite like the 5.5 bi-turbo ;)

What size are the threaded posts to which the actual metal plates are bolted? Ctek do 10mm connectors; like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002X67JYE/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

That is the lead I have and want to use to make a permanent connection should the battery need a boost.
Thanks to Alps, looks like the 63 may not need it, but I'd like it just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom