My 560SEC - Pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stunning car in stunning condition :)

It must be a real joy to drive :)

lovely looking car... enjoy!

Lovely piece of kit, would love some more shots.... once you've got some period wheels on it ;)

Enjoy!

Original wheels are going on next weekend:)

Original wheels are going on next weekend:)

Good work. Have you sourced an original Blaupunkt cassette player and a selection of Phil Collins, Simple Minds and Ultravox tapes to complete the ensemble?

Good work. Have you sourced an original Blaupunkt cassette player and a selection of Phil Collins, Simple Minds and Ultravox tapes to complete the ensemble?

I still have an original Becker Mexico electronic which I could put in mine - similar to the one below , but black rather than walnut

10141-bemexwurzel1aa.jpg

, but will stick with my (slightly later but still period ) Sony XRC-900RDS head unit ,

40IMG_0564.jpg

2DSC_5622.jpg

along with the XDP-U50D DSP processor 2x CDX-848 & various power amplifiers in the boot of the 500 , and the same kit but with 2x CDX-91 for the 280 . I also have the CDX-900 CD head unit which I bought to upgrade one of the cassette head units before discovering it did not have telephone mute , so now keep it as a spare ( I find 20 CD's in the boot to be a sufficient selection of music anyway ) .

1IMGP8155.jpg

Last edited:

No need to, I bought them when they first came out:p. Can't wait to cruise, windows wide with vibes thumping and my arm holding the roof on, know what I mean;)

Afaik piped leather was not available on these -even as an extra?
Special order , or retrim perhaps?

Correct. A re-trim by the previous owner.

Lovely car. Love the colour. Agree it needs period alloys but leave the ride height as standard.

just did a slow scroll down your pics. then i scrolled up, and ... scrolled down again...mmmmmm its a beauty!

Beautiful. I would change those for the 16" 8 Holes as they strike a nice balance on the 560. The interior is just lovely. Will you be doing anything to it such as any underbonnet restoration or is the whole car that immaculate?

Just thought I'd share a little progress: the other week I bought the black staggered OZ Splits pictured below. Today I collected them after re-finishing, pics of the rear below. The plates are powder coated and the dishes are actually a chrome powder coat. I needed a durable finish so polishing was out and this a pretty close match as it looks like a slightly dulled polish. Left the drums black as well. Thanks to Voodoo Motorsport Nr Hemel for a terrific job stripping and rebuilding - a hard skill to find at a reasonable price.

They'll be fitted up in a couple of weeks or so, with some H & R lowered springs and I'll post some shots of them on the car.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 144
what a good idea for the outer lip.

I had a set or BBS RS's on my 560sec and I got totally fed up with having to polish the rim.

These will transform the look of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom