my new mods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Originally posted by sym
colour coded door handles.... and are those real foldy mirrors like mine... or just the switch ;)

S.

yep, and real motorised W210 mirrors.

very nice !!!

Can I swap mirrors like that straight onto mine, given that the wiring is already there for the folding ?

S.

yup! but you will need to modify the wiring on the mirror slightly (easy to do) oh if you want them to blink you need to run extra wires!

...so come on then ... did we spot all your mods ? or are there any hidden ones ?!?!

Were the mirrors sourced direct from MB ?

S.

Hi Koolvin.

Wicked mods. I am really envious now.

I have a C200 like yours. I want to upgrade the interior with a bit of chrome.

Where can I get hold of the round chrome SLK air-con dials? And the gear-shift surround (for the C-class and the W210 E-class ... ??).

Thanks a lot in advance. Are they easy to change myself?

Regards.

Chris.//

Originally posted by sym
...so come on then ... did we spot all your mods ? or are there any hidden ones ?!?!

Now I can't be sure about this, but I think he's got blinds up on the rear windows.

@SYM the mirrors were from Steve MBenzNL

Thanks K... have already been in touch with him and he's bringing me some to the GTG hopefully.

S.

The car's looking awesome K. :cool:
My personal fave are the colour coded door handles :D How difficult/expensive was that to do? Was that another mod done by Steve?

S.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
My personal fave are the colour coded door handles :D How difficult/expensive was that to do? Was that another mod done by Steve?

S.

My local dealer's bodyshop estimated £70ish taking 1 day to do mine. Bear in mind that's for 2 door handles only, and an indep paintshop will probably charge much less.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
Painted handles are dead cheap, only about £20 per handle & end piece. I still have a set of them in 891 green, no idea what I'm going to do with them!

Originally posted by Shude
Painted handles are dead cheap, only about £20 per handle & end piece. I still have a set of them in 891 green, no idea what I'm going to do with them!

Shude: Can you buy them pre-painted then? Is that likely to be cheaper?

Originally posted by simonl
Shude: Can you buy them pre-painted then? Is that likely to be cheaper?
Quite possibly. Each handle is about £12 and the end piece is about £5 (plus VAT), all pre-painted in your car's colour. The only limitations are these:
The facelift w208/w210 must have been available in the colour of your car, and you will have to get any end pieces with IR parts in them painted by a bodyshop (the front ones or in your case the only ones). I was quoted £12 per end piece to paint (OUCH!). you probably won't be able to get the pre-painted front end pieces for several reasons, firstly they cost about £150 each (IR unit inside) and secondly, after all the messing around with the EIS coding for the locks etc they will come back with "part number doesn't match parts available for VIN" or something, so it's a dead-end!

I have all the part numbers and prices recorded at home, I will post later. What is your car's colour code? :)

Colour code is 279 (Vivianite Green). I think the colour was discontinued at the yr 2000 facelift when they started doing colour-coded handles. That's why I assumed I'd have to get mine painted.

There are no IR sensors in the handles - that's hidden by the rear-view mirror giving the key-fob a range of 1 ft :rolleyes: Only the driver's side has a key hole.

Cheers! :)

Thanks for the info guys :) I'm pretty sure I've seen a W208 in Vivanite Green, I don't ever recall seeing a W210 in that colour though. I'll keep me eyes peeled for your part numbers... Thanks Shude.

S.

There are no IR sensors in the handles - that's hidden by the rear-view mirror giving the key-fob a range of 1 ft :rolleyes: Only the driver's side has a key hole.

Cheers! :)

Are you sure about the IR being in the rear view mirror?

Originally posted by fuzzer
Are you sure about the IR being in the rear view mirror?

No, it's not in it. It's positioned in front of the interior light - i.e. between the interior light and the top of the wind-screen. The rear-view mirror itself is stuck to the wind-screen and does an excellent job of obscuring it.

No, it's not in it. It's positioned in front of the interior light - i.e. between the interior light and the top of the wind-screen. The rear-view mirror itself is stuck to the wind-screen and does an excellent job of obscuring it.

Not that im aware of . Our 2002 W210 still has the IR sensor on the handles

210d.jpg

Fuzzer: do we have our wires crossed here? I was referring to the SLK as I would like to get colour-coded door handles myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom