My W208 finally sorted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Well after many months of tweaking and tinkering with my W208 the mechanical work is now finished culminating in the fitting this weekend of a genuine Brabus exhaust and I'm well pleased with the results. Those at the curry night Wednesday will see it in the flesh. Just a little paint correction and detail this weekend and then it's perfect.

So my plan is now to try and find a winter project for me to tinker on when I'm at home and something I can get to a usable condition so if anyone has any ideas I'm open to suggestions, gutted I missed the Cossie 190 with blown head gasket that would have been nice :)

My old stainless custom built back box is for sale HERE in the classified section. Thought I would offer it cheap to members before putting on flea bay.

Will post pics of the W208 after the detail this weekend.

Any idea of the output?

Any idea of the output?

This was the performance when I posted earlier this year.

Max Acceleration:
0.72 G's
0-60 mph
6.24 secs
Peak Horsepower:
257 HP

Since then it's been remapped (again) and now got a Pukka Exhaust so I'm not expecting it to be massively different but high 260's bhp would be good over 270 and I'll be thrilled.

I'd never really been happy with the exhaust on the car even though all the calcs said it was optimum it did not feel like it, with the Brabus exhaust on it now feels to have more torque and feels a lot freer and less stressed if that makes sense :dk:

Will get the performance redone when I can and post back

Last set of pics HERE Will take some new one's of underneath to show new exhaust, but the rest of it it doesn't look a lot different. Still looks classy but with more power :D Not bad as the old girl will be 15 in January :D

My friend that works for Mercedes may be selling his C36.

He's currently trying to get the timing marks from AMG which is proving almost impossible, so he may be getting ready to just sell it on.

I can have a word if you want?

Or my father-in-law is looking for a new car and he is looking to sell his 1999 328i SE?

Last edited by a moderator:
So my plan is now to try and find a winter project for me to tinker on when I'm at home and something I can get to a usable condition so if anyone has any ideas I'm open to suggestions, gutted I missed the Cossie 190 with blown head gasket that would have been nice :)

:devil:G Wagen with an early 210 turbo diesel engine. So you can sell it me after the winter!! Long wheel base and tow bar please, preferably in black. Well you did ask!!

Bring your lappy on Wednesday I promise to bring the photo disk of my brother in his F1 Stock Car days.

:devil:G Wagen with an early 210 turbo diesel engine. So you can sell it me after the winter!! Long wheel base and tow bar please, preferably in black. Well you did ask!!

Bring your lappy on Wednesday I promise to bring the photo disk of my brother in his F1 Stock Car days.

Cheers John will do , would be good to see your brothers F1 stock car days, oh happy memories :)

My friend that works for Mercedes may be selling his C36.

He's currently trying to get the timing marks from AMG which is proving almost impossible, so he may be getting ready to just sell it on.

I can have a word if you want?

Or my father-in-law is looking for a new car and he is looking to sell his 1999 328i SE?

Let me know how much he wants for the C36. Any idea of condition?

Let me know how much he wants for the C36. Any idea of condition?
Here are his details that he's passed on;
Silver C36 1995 120k service history, sunroof, new disks and pads all round, private plate 'J400 amg', the head has been off and FULLY reconditioned and rocker cover powder coated, it needs the timing chain attaching and he has the official timing marks from AMG. He works for Mercedes himself and he had to go through his own head office to get them, everyone says use the C280 marks but AMG don't recommend this and make it a ball ache to get the proper ones.
Interior is mint.
Exterior does have a few of the proverbial 202 rust spots.

£1500 no offers. The plate is worth £500 on it's own...

Here are his details that he's passed on;
Silver C36 1995 120k service history, sunroof, new disks and pads all round, private plate 'J400 amg', the head has been off and FULLY reconditioned and rocker cover powder coated, it needs the timing chain attaching and he has the official timing marks from AMG. He works for Mercedes himself and he had to go through his own head office to get them, everyone says use the C280 marks but AMG don't recommend this and make it a ball ache to get the proper ones.
Interior is mint.
Exterior does have a few of the proverbial 202 rust spots.

£1500 no offers. The plate is worth £500 on it's own...

I have a TT kit with its name on it.

The engine in it is essentially the same as the 320 engine in the late 124 IIRC.

According to this post, it was using Dynolicious :dk:

Yep Dynolicious not the most accurate tool I admit but we have some good results with it and it usually reads lower than the dyno run, will get it on the dyno when I come back off my hols in late Aug and see where we are then. Dynolicious is good for comparison purposes when you have made changes to see what difference they make.

Peak Horsepower:
257 HP

Since then it's been remapped (again) and now got a Pukka Exhaust so I'm not expecting it to be massively different but high 260's bhp would be good over 270 and I'll be thrilled.

Wasn't it already putting out over 270bhp back in March?

First full tank of fuel through after the mods and so far nearly 417 miles out of this tank, reckon it will need filling at around 450 so will brim it and work out the consumption but it will certainly be the right side of 30 mpg :bannana:

speedo.jpg

All that presence and pleasure and 30MPG+ Got to be sweet.

I must say the rear end does look a lot better without the drainpipe hanging out of there. More scupltured and cultured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom