Negative camber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt58

Car
2003 E55 sedan
Hello everyone, I've just had a four wheel alignment done on my 03 E55, the right front off side is reading -2 33, I've been told I need new suspention arm and camber bolt kit, I'm a bit confused as to which suspension component they are referring to, I'm assuming it's the wishbone at the top to bring wheel out? Can anyone confirm this as I might save a few shillings and do it myself, then have realigned. Thanks in advance for any help.

Fitting a fluted camber adjustment bolt is standard procedure (the factory-fitted bolt has no adjustment).

It is difficult to know which 'suspension arm' they are referring to, but it might be the Control Arm? In any event, personally I would go for either genuine MB, or Lemforder.

Fitting a fluted camber adjustment bolt is standard procedure (the factory-fitted bolt has no adjustment).

It is difficult to know which 'suspension arm' they are referring to, but it might be the Control Arm? In any event, personally I would go for either genuine MB, or Lemforder.
Great, thanks for advice.

There are two lower arms each side on the front suspension. The one that comes diagonally from the front to the hub with a balljoint as part of it is the caster arm. The one that comes at 90 degrees to the front / rear and has the strut and the antiroll bar link attached to it is the camber arm. To correct the camber the adjustable bolt goes through the inner point of this arm

There are two lower arms each side on the front suspension. The one that comes diagonally from the front to the hub with a balljoint as part of it is the caster arm. The one that comes at 90 degrees to the front / rear and has the strut and the antiroll bar link attached to it is the camber arm. To correct the camber the adjustable bolt goes through the inner point of this arm
Oh I see, thanks for explaining, much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom