• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New Audi V10 R8 plus add...

DSB SL AMG

MB Enthusiast
Car
300SL (R129 1992 pre-facelift), Volvo V70 SE D5 Auto Geartronic
Great ad.....Been you tubing my workmates all week

Great sound

Love the ad! Such a simple idea makes you want want want!!!!!

The r8 is an exceptional car - a proper halo car in the Audi range and I have to say I love it. A friend of mine has an r8 v10 Spyder and I defy anyone not to be moved by it - especially when going into a tunnel at 30mph and exiting at around the speed limit in the same gear with a few revs left before changing up....- prickles on the back of the neck stuff.

The SLS is the MB. That comes closest, and as a long standing m-car owner, bmw has nothing that compares.

I could watch the r8 advert on loop !

Thanks for sharing

Great ad, I remember first seeing it in a cinema before a film. Surround sound, full volume and a deep thunderous roar....much like the car!!

I have to say, it is an awesome car and even though I loved my AMG, this thing is in a different league.... Not better, just different!!!! thats the best way to put it.

Always have owned RS Audis and AMG's can assure you some of the new RS produce is simply sublime...

I have always liked the sound of a 5 or 10 cyl car being used. Love the blip and crackle at the end!

I am looking at one of these atm, only 800 miles on my 507 so I hate to think of the loss on that!!

I know 3 people who have owned them, all three of them have been bored after a few months. All say the same thing, once you get passed the noise there is not all that much left, all a bit clinical.

I see what you mean, but is not any car like that once you have got over the honeymoon stage? that's why a sold my C63 PPP and got a 997 C2s, it was too clinical, I am in a fortunate position that my fun car is just a toy as I have other cars for day to day, hence looking at R8V10, but here is the $100 question, is the R8V10 that much better to change up and worth £135K??? My 507 was bad enough @ £70k!!!

The r8 is an exceptional car - a proper halo car. The SLS is the MB. That comes closest, and as a long standing m-car owner, bmw has nothing that compares.

Always wanted a Z8.... still a classic if not a real performance car.

I see what you mean, but is not any car like that once you have got over the honeymoon stage? that's why a sold my C63 PPP and got a 997 C2s, it was too clinical, I am in a fortunate position that my fun car is just a toy as I have other cars for day to day, hence looking at R8V10, but here is the $100 question, is the R8V10 that much better to change up and worth £135K??? My 507 was bad enough @ £70k!!!

That is what they all said about the R8, just does everything well, but not raw enough.
Two went back to another C2S and the other one back to another AVM8, which he said was slower, not as well put together, and felt much older in design, but made him enjoy every single drive.

Was fortunate enough to be invited to Audi track day at Silverstone recently...

Test drove the new RS6(C7) which was simply sublime:thumb:

Then got to try the R8 V10 manual which I can only describe as simply intoxicating:bannana:

Over 5000rpm you need to have both hands on the steering wheel that's all I'm saying...
The noise is to die for:rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom