New E Class questions (W211)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I read in a few magazines that the new E class was supposed to reverse the recent trend of Mercs not quite being up to scratch, I wouldn't agree with that though!

I am also very disappointed with MB reliablilty. My dad's had 4 Mercs - all have had nowt wrong with them. This is my first and it's been a bit of a distaster. My car goes in for the forth time over the last six weeks with a buggered roof. Needless to say, I'm feeling quite depressed - especially since the weather's getting nice.

One of the reasons I bought MB was the reputation for reliability. Considering the premium you pay for the MB brand these things shouldn't happen. My warranty has run out. Bad luck has become expensive bad luck. :(

I have had my C320 for the two weeks, and during that time the electric windows have gone wrong. Fortunately the car is under warranty.

I hope this is not the start of things to come.

Originally posted by GDC200
They are great cars but they are not as reliable or well made as they used to be and my father who drives a lexus would have a fit at the way our dealers treat us. His car runs perfectly and is serviced brilliantly by lexus. Posh Toyota it may be but its well built and its dealers care.

Tell me about it! I had a Lexus for 3 years before changing it for my E class, the dealers were incredible, if you had a problem with the car it would be in within a week with a loan car always available (and always a new Lexus). My local Merc dealers seems to have a 2 month waiting list.

Its the different between looking forward to the car going into the garage as opposed to dreading it because of the hastle.

Agree that Merc reliability seems to be heading downhill a bit - I tried a 12 month old C32 the other day which was suffering from the following issues:

Climate control would only pump out hot air, whatever settings were used - great since it was about 24 deg C at the time!
Parktronic sensors kept bleeping, even when doing 60mph with no other cars around on a straight road
Phone kit wouldn't recognise either of my phones
Satnav couldn't find it's disc
Malfunction warning on the dash (didn't get chance to see what)

That's twice as much than has gone wrong with my W202 in 63k miles!!

Looking forward to Merc getting back on form now that they've pinched Audi's interior design bloke (hope he can do electronics as well!!):crazy:

I had a similar problem with the doors not opening on my W203.
The dealer was great. He used the the Warranty to take my car off the road and give a courtesy car whilst they ordered the parts and had them fitted. It turned out to be the ignition switch :eek: They replaced both keys for me as well. :bannana: :bannana:

My husband took delivery of his new W203 on a Sat. On Sun, the folding mirror on the passenger side wasn't working. Had it fixed on a Thu. Hope it stays that way.

Originally posted by RichardM
My local Merc dealers seems to have a 2 month waiting list.

Its the different between looking forward to the car going into the garage as opposed to dreading it because of the hastle.

Stuff that , they rent one for me :D :bannana: :bannana:

Ive currently got a 2003 C200K on my driveway while mine is getting fixed :D

Last edited:
What problems have you had Jason?

In the past ive had a problem with a two week old car with an oil leak between the engine and the gearbox . This was sorted , but , now the car is away getting looked at again. Im getting over fueling when im doing low speeds in both forward and reverse.

Its a difficult one to explain , but , its not right .

I didnt even have to loose the plot this time for them to give me the replacement car , it was automatic.

So , while its away , im not so annoyed as ive got basically the same car sans the leather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom