• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New Ford Capri

neilrr

MB Enthusiast
Car
Various.
Hmmm.....

Seems not a huge amount of the earlier cars DNA made it into the new one.

New Ford Capri electric SUV revealed 2024

Don't forget this is the same company that bought is the iconic Mustang. Here it is , built in China and Mexico.

Here is one in the wild ....London England.

1720703457061.png

About as much like a Capri as the new(ish) all-electric Mustang is like a proper Mustang. Ford marketing scraping the bottom of the barrel... again.

On 3 or 4 occasions on business trips to the USA in recent years I have been 'upgraded' to a Ford Mustang but with the 4 cyl turbo engine in them . I refuse them now , very poor choice of engine for that car (Thanks' Ford).

Plus , the blokes at work ask why am I driving my mom's/sisters car :banana:

I tend to go for a Dodge these days (Challenger or Charger) no longer offered the V8'sat my rental place, but the N/A V6 petrol is a better drive than the 4 cyl Ford.

On 3 or 4 occasions on business trips to the USA in recent years I have been 'upgraded' to a Ford Mustang but with the 4 cyl turbo engine in them . I refuse them now , very poor choice of engine for that car (Thanks' Ford).

Plus , the blokes at work ask why am I driving my mom's/sisters car :banana:

Not in California, they won't.... :D

Cool, always had a soft spot for a Capri.

Oh…

I was interested when i saw the tag line ...... Oh me oh my ..... That interest disappeared very quickly.

Reminded me of the 1970's Harley Davidson 2 stroke trails bikes ( Not Harley at all ..... )

Not in California, they won't.... :D
Not sure I follow you , my last three rentals in the USA have been in California .

The V8 Mustangs they have are for the short term (dare I say UK) tourists and are usually rag tops.

When handing out a free upgrade they don't really like to commit to a customer like me 30 to 40 days rental .

My last couple of decent V8 upgrades were in Maryland.

PS , if you alluding to how 'Woke' California is . Not where I work it isn't....borderline hillbillies.

I was interested when i saw the tag line ...... Oh me oh my ..... That interest disappeared very quickly.

Reminded me of the 1970's Harley Davidson 2 stroke trails bikes ( Not Harley at all ..... )
They were Harley made....at least originally.....between about 1948 and 1960. Then they stopped making them and just rebadged Aermacchi’s....an Italian motorcycle company that they owned 50 percent of....so still half Harley!! I owned a 250cc one like this (below-same colour too) for a while to go to work on. Other bikers were quite impressed when I sad I had a Harley to go with my Z750....until they saw it!!
01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom