• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New MB - just one price

Of course. Can't blame them, really. New cars are rare as hen's teeth these days. So why give discounts? Much better to raise prices and sell the cars on take-it-or-leave-it basis. They'll all go - if you won't take it, the next chap will. That's just sound business sense.

It coincides with their switch to an agency sales model, which seems like it will potentially become commonplace.

Higher prices as standard but also lower margins for dealers and as stated above, it's an agency model so dealers no longer own the (new) stock - expect more pressure on workshops now to make up for the lost sales revenue.

Is this MB worldwide or just the [ you can have any colour as long as its silver or black] UK concessionaires? And if you consider most purchasers are trading in a car the "cost to change" is effectively determined by that figure rather than the list price?

Higher prices as standard but also lower margins for dealers and as stated above, it's an agency model so dealers no longer own the (new) stock - expect more pressure on workshops now to make up for the lost sales revenue.
Even more upselling then: "Hello Mr Spiky. We've completed your oil change (£300), but we notice your 10,000 mile old brake discs and pads need replacing........"

Is this MB worldwide or just the [ you can have any colour as long as its silver or black] UK concessionaires? And if you consider most purchasers are trading in a car the "cost to change" is effectively determined by that figure rather than the list price?
I forget the details but if I remember right, Germany will make the change at the same time as UK, and there are already a few counties already operating using this model.

Alfa....and no doubt many others are doing the same....

I bought 2 new BMW 3 series coupes back in the mid-late 90's and BMW dealers operated on a similar system - list price only and we'll give you as little as possible for your part ex , how things have changed . I wonder how long MB are going to stick with this new way of selling.
Also who decides what your P-ex is worth ?? Will dealers have any input or will this be fixed by MB ????

I bought 2 new BMW 3 series coupes back in the mid-late 90's and BMW dealers operated on a similar system - list price only and we'll give you as little as possible for your part ex , how things have changed . I wonder how long MB are going to stick with this new way of selling.
Also who decides what your P-ex is worth ?? Will dealers have any input or will this be fixed by MB ????
I would imagine part-exchanges will be bought by main dealers rather than Mercedes-Benz UK, although new stock will be “owned” by Mercedes.

I would imagine part-exchanges will be bought by main dealers rather than Mercedes-Benz UK, although new stock will be “owned” by Mercedes.
Hi , looks to me if Mercedes Benz want their cake and eat it to.Many major brands over the years have tried to dictate to the market price etc and in most cases have had to return to the old ways.

What is going to happen to the sales teams , sales managers and all added cost personal !

I would suggest that Mercedes Benz are going to set the selling prices of the trade in cars to the retail market.

In the motor trade ( in my case years ago ) the dealer made his money when the last car in the chain was sold.

Within the local MB dealer group to me, sales staff have already started leaving.

The times they are a changing.

I'm not a new car buyer and never would be....hardly any new cars appeal since about 2015 to be honest.......but a was a new car seller for many years....for many customers haggling a deal...sometimes over days or even weeks...was all part of the fun of the purchase. I don't pay full price for ANYTHING....too many years a salesman for that!......but they have turned showrooms and salesmen into car shops at shop keepers. No way I would go back to selling cars under those circumstances....where's the skill and job satisfaction? I'll stick with caravans.....monies better too Tbh!
If I was a new car buyer it would be from a traditional showroom where you can " 'ave a deal".....!

Will the same 'rule' also apply to fleet buyers i wonder?
Good point....I suspect not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom