New to me 220e Coupe questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brens-e200

Car
1990 230E W124, 1992 C124 220E
hi all

having given my new ( to me ) 1992 220E :bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:the once over i have a few questions.

1. I went checking to see if the car would have the dreaded wiring loom issue but it turns out that its a normal spark plug config , so am I correct in saying that its an M111 engine ?

2. the is a vacumm pipe that is disconnected from the manifold and appears to be going down to the gear box ( see attached pic under red arrow) , where should this be connected to ?

3. The spark plug leads look like they have been insitu for a LONG time so are there any precautions I should take before/during replacement .

4 the seat-belt extenders itermittently work and I have read about a seat switch that initiates the extension. Does anyone know its location and how it can be checked.

5. the sunroof is raised in one corner ( drivers side rear) is it a big job to re-align it and if so whats the procedure

thanks in advance

brendan

Attachments

• new-220e-side-on.jpg
    new-220e-side-on.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 14
  • loose-vac-pipe-220E.jpg
    loose-vac-pipe-220E.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 17
Looks lovely, my first merc was one of those. It´s a M111 and although apparently they can have wiring loom issues these aren´t anywhere near as common as on the 6 cylinder models. Both my M111 W124s didn´t have any problems with the loom and they were on 180k when i got rid of them.

Great engine, solid, 40mpg possible on a run if careful and quick enough!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom