New Tyres for W212 E63 Wagon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sixthree

Car
2015 E63 AMG Wagon
Hi All!

So my pzero tyres need replacing and was wondering if anybody had any recommendations?

I know that the obvious choice might be the PS4S (I run these on my R8 and love them). As this is a daily I wouldn't mind something a bit more budget friendly.

Thanks!

Jan

Ahhhh...you too have the 'may-as-well-be-made-of-chocolate' P-Zeroes on your car too? :D I bought my car with them on and cannot wait to get rid of them. Personally speaking i'm going to put a set of PS4S's on there when the time comes, but that's because I found them to be epic on my old C63S. That being said, I hear good things about the Conti Sport Contact 7's and Goodyear F1 Supersports, both of which are a little cheaper?

The Zeros are fine all the time the ambient temps are over about 15 degrees.......otherwise they just never get hot enough to grip. They are great in summer!.....i think they were designed with Southern Europe in mine.....not the frozen North!!!

I have some falkens on my s212 e500 now, but in terms of top end the Eagle F1 SS mentioned are supposed to be better than PS4S (on GR Yaris at least), but Asymetric 6 and PS5 are also good for a step down and more wallet friendly

haha yeah exactly!

Also on another note...

1. With the windows down and when driving next to a wall (so the sound bounces back) at a low/medium speed when I let off, there's this buzzing sound. Hard to describe. Almost sounds like buzzing exhaust heat shield. You guys have something similar?

2. I'm just amazed how rapid this car is. It feels WAY more more than 550bhp as it just....keeps...going. Sneaky suspicion maybe it is chipped? Any way to tell other than dyno?

Thanks!

Jan

The Zeros are fine all the time the ambient temps are over about 15 degrees.......otherwise they just never get hot enough to grip. They are great in summer!.....i think they were designed with Southern Europe in mine.....not the frozen North!!!
I will await warmer weather with baited breath in that case - for me personally, they do not inspire any confidence. Four wheel wheel-spin whilst on the power is not something I want to experience on a regular basis!

Go with Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 6, usefully cheaper than PS4S and better in inclement weather conditions anyway. The F1 Supersport wear out fast!

Should you select MO tyres? Designed for Mercedes ones? Any strong feelings around that?

A good cheaper option than the 4s and 71db against 73db.

1704725933893.png

I'm a big fan of the Goodyear Eagle F1s. I'm currently using 5s at the front and 6s at the rear. I find that while the Michelin PS4S is a better all-out performance tyre, they really excel in the dry and good conditions. I find the Goodyears work better all year round and give amazing grip even as the weather gets wet and colder. I don't have winter wheels, so I find fo me these are the best choice.

Michelin Pilot 4S definitely look at Costco!

I’m on my second set of F1 supersports and can recommend them.
Latest reviews show continental sport contact is the best UUHP in the market, superior than both Michelin and Goodyear UUHP but they don’t make my (w212 e63) size yet.

I've been running continentals for sometime now & find them excellent in both wet & dry conditions, they do loose they're grip once close to the wear markers but that's not unusual.
I'll be needing a set of rear tyres soon so I searched Asda for those Goodyear tyres earlier but they didn't come up :oops:

P Zeros are terrible on an E63. Terrible all round on any car imo. I've always had Goodyear F1 Asymetrics on mine and they are excellent. Great grip in wet or dry, quiet and supple ride and amazing wear. Just waiting to fit a set of F1 Asy 6s on mine.

I absolutely hate PZeros this happened earlier today and it annoys me that i have to buy another as the other 3 are p zero's
and what has happened to tyre price's the last set I bought was for the c63 MPS4S for £750 now they want circa £400 for a shitty p zero

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240109_164432_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240109_164432_Gallery.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom