• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

New Tyres for W212 E63 Wagon

I absolutely hate PZeros this happened earlier today and it annoys me that i have to buy another as the other 3 are p zero's
and what has happened to tyre price's the last set I bought was for the c63 MPS4S for £750 now they want circa £400 for a shitty p zero

Looks like an old tyre weight pieced into the thread 😧

Exactly right , To say i was annoyed is an understatement plus there's different tread patterns

I can understand that feeling, been there once before, thankfully it only had around 5mm so changed in pairs.

With regards to P Zero, I think the tread pattern are very similar? Audi RO1, Lamborbini L, Mercedes MO, thread pattern look almost identical. Don't quote me on it though, there so many tyres out there, some had rim protection others didn't. All very confusing price wise and so many choices out there 🙄 🙂

From what i have seen the Audi and Jag are the same RO1 ,J respectively then there's AM1,MO1,L and MLC are all the same as the standard P Zero
305,30 20 103Y

Right I went ahead and put the call in for Eagle F1 Asymmetrics 6 all round! Can't wait to get these pzeros off her.
Asymmetric 6 is a UHP tyre not a UUHP. Goodyear’s product in UUHP category is F1 SuperSport. Though Asymmetric 6 should work fine

I absolutely hate PZeros this happened earlier today and it annoys me that i have to buy another as the other 3 are p zero's
and what has happened to tyre price's the last set I bought was for the c63 MPS4S for £750 now they want circa £400 for a shitty p zero
P Zeros still generally get glowing reviews in most independent tyre comparison tests and I've never has an issue in all but the coldest weather with sensible driving......Although I have Dunlop Sport Max at the moment.....a decision based on price.....but I've not found their limits in the dry on the road ....yet!!

Be good if you can update once you have some miles in the Eagles. When I bought my car in Nov it had almost new P-z all around.
On 911's over the years I have tried must performance tyres and always found the Michelins work best for me. So had intended to move to MPS4's once the P Zeros are dead.

Asymmetric 6 is a UHP tyre not a UUHP. Goodyear’s product in UUHP category is F1 SuperSport. Though Asymmetric 6 should work fine
In the colder months a UHP will work better than UUHP anyway as the UUHP focuses on dry, warm grip. UHP tend to wear slightly better and it's rare you get the chance on the road to fully exploit the extra performance of a UUHP.

In the colder months a UHP will work better than UUHP anyway as the UUHP focuses on dry, warm grip. UHP tend to wear slightly better and it's rare you get the chance on the road to fully exploit the extra performance of a UUHP.
I would not challenge any of what you said. I wanted to let the OP know in case he thinks he bought a UUHP.

P Zeros still generally get glowing reviews in most independent tyre comparison tests and I've never has an issue in all but the coldest weather with sensible driving......Although I have Dunlop Sport Max at the moment.....a decision based on price.....but I've not found their limits in the dry on the road ....yet!!
I haven't had any issue's with them on the jag tbh but Dunlop sports max were horrendous on the c63 I bought new wheel's and tyre's within a few weeks

P Zero are good, no complaints from my end. Managed to get a Lambo set on my S211. They're usually more dearer but i got a bargain deal, wanted them specifically for my aftermarket wheels. Prefer the harder compound as they seem to last a tad bit longer, very good on the track too 👍

With regards to P Zero, I think the tread pattern are very similar? Audi RO1, Lamborbini L, Mercedes MO, thread pattern look almost identical.
Back in 2017 I visited the Pirelli Performance Centre at Pirelli HQ, and I asked how much of a difference there really is between the manufacturer homologated tyres, and to my surprise they guy I was talking to was able to show me.

He had a board with four cross sections cut from the same size tyre, 305/30 20 I think, but which had been homologated for the specific requirements of four different manufacturers - I think he said Lamborghini, Ferrari, Audi and a fourth.

Sure enough, you could see the differences, with different combinations of: bead shape and size (square or circular); width and depth of chorded section across the width of the tyre; shoulder profile; rim protection, etc. Fascinating.

I wish I took some photos now, including our old (N0 Porsche) and new tyres (MO Mecrcedes) side by side: the shoulder profile was different in shape, and the MO tyres have a rim protector (N0 didn't), and that's just the difference visible from the outside.

The guy explained that Porsche are not only very strict in the event of a warranty claim if the wrong tyre are fitted, he said unless exactly the right tyre is fitted some Porsches wear the shoulder very quickly because the geometry set up requires the right should profile.

Fascinating! Or at least I thought it was 😁

Back in 2017 I visited the Pirelli Performance Centre at Pirelli HQ, and I asked how much of a difference there really is between the manufacturer homologated tyres, and to my surprise they guy I was talking to was able to show me.

He had a board with four cross sections cut from the same size tyre, 305/30 20 I think, but which had been homologated for the specific requirements of four different manufacturers - I think he said Lamborghini, Ferrari, Audi and a fourth.

Sure enough, you could see the differences, with different combinations of: bead shape and size (square or circular); width and depth of chorded section across the width of the tyre; shoulder profile; rim protection, etc. Fascinating.

I wish I took some photos now, including our old (N0 Porsche) and new tyres (MO Mecrcedes) side by side: the shoulder profile was different in shape, and the MO tyres have a rim protector (N0 didn't), and that's just the difference visible from the outside.

The guy explained that Porsche are not only very strict in the event of a warranty claim if the wrong tyre are fitted, he said unless exactly the right tyre is fitted some Porsches wear the shoulder very quickly because the geometry set up requires the right should profile.

Fascinating! Or at least I thought it was 😁

There is some science behind fitments and why manufacturers partner up to create their own requirements and the specific R&D to warrant manufacturers to have stamp on their tyres, which also explains slight variance in prices for the same sizes between MO, L, RO1 etc. Always wondered about the R&D, it's not always visible to the naked eye. 🙂👍

Ps, I didn't get an invite to Pirelli, need an invite to HQ 😀

Last edited:
Pirellis I've used over the years typically have a larger slip window than other premium tyres. Arguably more `fun` but less outright grip; talking track type driving here. But they all pretty old technology design now.

Michelin for the win, either 4S or new 5S.

The manufacturer specific (MO in our case) are usually there for NVH tuning rather than any grip or performance difference.

5s is only available in 21" wheel's atm🙂 so no good for the average jo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom