New W205 owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pablosammy

Car
C250d Saloon AMG Line Premium Plus
Hi guys. I've just ordered my first Merc, a new C250d Saloon AMG Line with Premium Plus package. Should be picking it up in a few weeks, and I can't wait! I'm not sure whether it's the done thing to post details about deals on here, but it came to £401 pcm over 4 years on PCP with £1k down, which were similar to figures produced by Seat when I was looking at diesel Leons... the choice was a no-brainer in the end!

It's my first 'sensible' car in a while, having owned a Fiesta ST, Jag F Type, Scirocco R and a BMW M135i in recent years, but as I spend most of my time either in traffic or doing 70 on the motorway, I've decided to chill out a bit! I'll get a garage toy for the track eventually.

I took one out for a test drive yesterday, which helped ease my worries about the diesel being too agricultural - it's certainly not as intrusive as many reviews seem to make out, have they improved the sound insulation since the first reviews came out?

I'm a bit of a detailing fan too, so I'm looking forward to browsing people's pictures. I'll probably hold off uploading anything of my own, I'm sure you've seen enough white C Class saloons to last a lifetime :D

I'm hoping to hardwire a dashcam in soon too, hopefully I can find someone who has done it before to copy.

Hi mate, welcome to the forum I picked up my new c250d premium plus a few months back and I still love it, so I think your in for a treat.

As for hard wiring a dash cam I done a write up on this a few weeks back with a blackvue dash cam and a power magic pro, if you check my previous posts you should be able to find it.

Regards
H

Hi mate, welcome to the forum I picked up my new c250d premium plus a few months back and I still love it, so I think your in for a treat.

As for hard wiring a dash cam I done a write up on this a few weeks back with a blackvue dash cam and a power magic pro, if you check my previous posts you should be able to find it.

Regards
H

That's pretty much exactly the setup in looking at, I'll go and have a look. Thanks!

So, a few weeks in and here's some initial impressions...

1) The 250d engine is a LOT quieter from the cabin than I'd been led to believe by the various reviews. MB must have improved the sound deadening in response to the negative feedback. It's pretty much inaudible with even a modest amount of road noise or stereo volume.
2) The Burmester sound system is a serious disappointment. It struggles without the proper subwoofer common in competitor's systems, and the mids are muddy as a result. Highs seem a bit harsh, and it all sounds a bit muddled and unconvincing. I've had far better stock audio systems. I'll be investigating improvements, but I think it needs some fairly intrusive work to separate the channels and install a dedicated subwoofer. Bear in mind I'm no dance music junkie - I mainly listen to folk, rock, and some classical.
3) The cruise control stalk is a bit unintuitive! Whose idea was it to indicate whether you're in cruise or limiter mode using an LED on the stalk, which is hidden behind the steering wheel?!
4) The LED headlight housings fog up easily. This is not the first marque I've had this issue with, however.
5) The heated seats are fairly subtle, even on max power.
6) Build quality is nice, as expected.
7) It's a nice relaxing drive, but could never be desribed as dynamic or engaging. I think relaxing is what I was looking for... maybe... we'll see in 12 months whether I'm craving something sharper.
8) I felt like a moron when I nearly took the car in to have a fault on the windscreen washer pump looked at... it took me a trip to Halfords for some fluid ("oh, it's already full") and some frantic googling before I realised that it is a two-stage button with a fair bit of resistance! :fail
9) The bluetooth interface is shocking - I still haven't worked out how to send my contacts over from my phone. In fact, COMAND is a bit of a stressful system to use full-stop.
10) It's a good looking car from all angles, I'm very happy with it.

Overall, I'm very impressed - it's a lovely, easy car to drive, if a little numb. I wouldn't want any less power than the 250d offers however, but the engine seems like a decent match for the car. I think I'll be keeping this one for a while.

mate, you need to go back ask for a cash back, I got mine c220d p package. With 8900 discount

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom