• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Newbie just before Xmas!

richy

Car
C180 Elegance
Hi guys, take it easy , newboy on first MB ownership.

Well tomorrow I should collect my first ever MB. C180 Elegance ( power yawn!) P reg with 67 on the clock under the approved scheme.

She is in silver/black cloth with both air and sunroof plus rear fold seat option. I have been looking for around a month or so to get out of a bad Lexus.

All I can say , not knowing much about them is the ride in the C class is the best I have come across for the money, size etc... in fact it even rides better than a Lexus how that !

I spose I paid over the odds for buying from Mercedes direct but at least the guarantee plus service from the dealer so far (yes even before collecting it) have been great.

They are doing the 72 service, four new tyres, four new wheel trim, overmats, minor touch up on the bumper corners plus full prep so I am really looking forward to a casual ride home.

The only downer is it's a four speed auto and was really after a 5 sp one but the condition and history of this car got me!

That's my first question really , the difference between the 4/5 sp boxes. I beleive neither have a lock up top direct drive so assume the 5 sp is just another ratio in there instead of four ?

Cheers for now
Rich

Rich,

Welcome to the forum.

Funnily enough I have a C180 on your christmas presents list, so I'll have to strike that one off.

Probably just as well, as I dreading how I'd get it down the chimney.

Which dealer are you buying it from?

Santa.

Thanks Santa !

Falcon, Boston. ( any views ?)

A bit away from me but had the right car etc...

Cross the car off the list but add a few of the tempting extras, alloys etc...

Cheers
Rich

But it's a Mercedes

richy said:
Hi guys, take it easy , newboy on first MB ownership.

Well tomorrow I should collect my first ever MB. C180 Elegance ( power yawn!) P reg with 67 on the clock under the approved scheme.

Welcome to the fold! and don't be shy about the fact its a C180, Its a Mercedes and that's what matters… it has the right badge.

Good luck with the car and many happy miles with it.

Andy

xmas.gif
Rich, I'm sorry to say but I don't have alloys or any MB goodes on your car until next Christmas, but of course that depends on you being a good boy next year.

Remember - I'm wating you all
xmas.gif

Santa

Richy,

Welcome to the gang.

Another Silver gang member I see :p

K

Yep,

I'll learn the ropes and get a pic up as and when, not the best weather for it and all.

It is something driving looking down the gunsight ! Even only on the test drives !

Thanks for the welcome, I'm sure I'll have enough questions that come forward to take part.

Any thoughts on the four speed box and the dealer ? Still not to late to cancel (joke)

I've had all that BM BHP, Sports & Lowered and just wanted a wafter of a car that should be cheap to run, hmmm must be getting old !

Cheers
Rich

welcome to the forum, the only place to have abuse thrown at you for a SILVER car (kidding) We all know that you will enjoy owning it, ask Pammy about the grin :D All sorts of friendly helpfull folk here

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Are we kidding about the silver? :o

Ok ok - I'm kidding about the kidding.

Santa
xmas.gif

I have had my 98 C180 for over six months now and I purchased mine from the main dealer and paid £1500 over the odds but I got the car that I wanted with everything except leather, full 12 month warranty, excellent customer service and best of all , piece of mind that if something goes wrong in the first 12 months I wont foot the extortionate bills. I saw much cheaper cars for sale privately at the time but if things go wrong ££££££££££££££'s to put right and it might of put me off Merc ownership in the future. Regarding the great C180 lack of power thing, mine has been fantastic, not a problem with 4 adults going up hill, occasionally would like a little extra power to overtake but by moving from Drive to 3 or 2 the power is there. I am sure that you will love it. Good choice on colour by the way.

Well picked her up and got home in one piece !.

The previous comments were spot on for me regarding paying over the top due to.....

Who else (eg a small dealer ) would put FIVE tyres on , yes including the spare as it was over age ? of a reasonable brand Pirelli 6000, complete the expensive 72K service @ 69K saving me a fair bit, four brand new wheel trims, touch in a corner scrape on the bumper, fill it up with unleaded during my handover run, and although the MB overmats were not in stock (black) have ordered them to be posted to my home in the new year and supplied a basic set (used) to see me through.

With the warranty I'm looking forward to a cheaper motoring year ( I won't tempt fate !) and must say the ride home was really smooth. It's a lot lighter on the steering than I perceived but really cruisy. There is enough power to keep up with and overtake traffic I guess your just not going to smoke them rears but that's not what the cars for.

The first "illogical" point for me was realising the climate comes ON by default so you have to turn it off to save a bit. This after the 100 mile run home meant I got 29 at a steady 75/85 so it will do better! They even put in a new first aid box and changed the tape to CD as I requested.

Last edited:
hi Richy - a big welcome - so are you grinning:D

I only joined three weeks ago when I got my new SLK320 - haven't stopped grinning since - mind half of that's down to the antics of Fuzzer and Kinky - they're bad lads:D

Enjoy your MB - they are wonderful cars - even had my brother gushing over mine tonight when usually nothings any good as far as he's concerned:D

BTW - silver's a fab colour - enjoy:rock:

I'm easily led - it's all Fuzzers fault - he's a bad influence.

Richy - glad that all is so far so good with you and the car. Sounds like you've been well looked after so far.

K

Richy,

Welcome the world of Silver MB ownership! Enjoy the forum and don't forget to post some pics in the Gallery section!

Vik

pammy said:
Enjoy your MB - they are wonderful cars - even had my brother gushing over mine tonight when usually nothings any good as far as he's concerned:D

BTW - silver's a fab colour - enjoy:rock:
Pammy, Hope you got him to clean the car afterwards, that stuff is bad for the paint work :devil:

Oh, don't worry about that .... I'm sure if Shude has some time, he could wrestle up some colour magic ;)

K

Hi Richy - good to see the pic's in the gallery - looks very nice:rock: super colour:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom