Nice car..........Poor driving.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Causing nobody any bother then.
Yes..everyone in lane one who , to remain within the law, must technically move to lane 3 to make a safe overtake and then back into lane one once passed. Some police forces are saying they will be prosecuting lane hoggers but not sure how much success they have had so far.

If the vehicle hogging lane one is travelling below 70mph you can legally undertake in lane 1, but thats a big risk late at night when you are not sure if lane 2 hogger is just a selfish pryk or a drunk/drugged half asleep moron.

Similar to an earlier post, if I am in the outside lane in a queue of traffic and someone gets really close to the back of me, I pull into the left hand lane at the first opportunity, I’ve grown to believe that life’s too short and 99% of people live in their own bubble and their manner of driving is more about them than you.

I do the same these days - situations like that only escalate one way and the outcome never benefits anyone or resolves anything.

Driving to Telford recently I came across a situation where I was in the outer lane 3 passing cars gradually in lane 2. I was leaving a suitable gap ahead. Typical angry white Hiace clearly wanted to get into lane 3 all of a sudden. It's easy to tell from what I call "driving language" where they drive up close and aggressively to the car ahead in lane 2 - which puts them level with the gap I'd left. It then proceeded to angrily join lane 3 and as that happened, I joined lane 2 in the space he vacated straight away.

I then got an incredibly strong whiff of the Ganja which probably explains the manner of driving.

Life is indeed to short and I continued to make more progress once said Hiace had disappeared in a cloud of Ganja.

This kind of thing does indeed tell you it's more about them than you as I was happily driving along before and after.

Aye makes me look like a middle lane plonker when I've pulled into lane 2 to pass a slower car who then matches my speed in lane 1.

Even worse are those that don't like sitting behind me and pass, then pull in front and slow to a slower speed than me on cruise, why pass if you don't want to go as fast as me?

I'll do that on rural roads to get the manouvre completed but on motorways I believe generally less erratic driving is safer.

My driving is not erratic - when passing on a motorway.

I change lanes to pass and accelerate enough to get past quickly and in a short distance unlike the idiots that will take a mile to get past a car and hold up the traffic behind them because the car they are passing is doing 69 and they are passing at 70....

Reactions: m80
I do the same these days - situations like that only escalate one way and the outcome never benefits anyone or resolves anything.

Driving to Telford recently I came across a situation where I was in the outer lane 3 passing cars gradually in lane 2. I was leaving a suitable gap ahead. Typical angry white Hiace clearly wanted to get into lane 3 all of a sudden. It's easy to tell from what I call "driving language" where they drive up close and aggressively to the car ahead in lane 2 - which puts them level with the gap I'd left. It then proceeded to angrily join lane 3 and as that happened, I joined lane 2 in the space he vacated straight away.

I then got an incredibly strong whiff of the Ganja which probably explains the manner of driving.

Life is indeed to short and I continued to make more progress once said Hiace had disappeared in a cloud of Ganja.

This kind of thing does indeed tell you it's more about them than you as I was happily driving along before and after.

Love the smell of weed.

I've noticed more frequently on empty motorways, cars driven in the middle lane without ever moving over even though nothing else is in front of them, and usually a lone woman driver at the wheel.
Even on the French Autoroutes I've seen the same behaviour from cars with UK plates and women drivers.
Is there something about women drivers that make them more comfortable on empty roads if they stick to the middle lane at all times? Just a curious observation.

What’s really interesting was to see other countries lane discipline whilst driving to Barcelona via the Eurotunnel last year.

The french stay in Lane 1 unless they are overtaking, the Spanish are slightly less disciplined and do venture out of Lane 1, the Netherlands are like the UK and think the outside lane is the driving lane and the Germans sit so far up your chuff you can pick the food out of the drivers teeth!

Driving towards London this morning on the M3 near Winchester services and the road reduces from 3 lanes to 2. The inside lane was moving slower than I was so I stayed behind a red BMW M3 doing around 80mph in lane 2.

In the rear mirror I notice a squat red Ferrari approaching at speed behind me. No problem, I'm doing just above the NSL, the inside lane is busy with slower cars, he can wait.

Oh no, not him. He dived to the inside lane when the opportunity arose, gunned it and undertook about 3 cars before moving to the outside lane ahead of us all.

This in itself didn't bother me, but he then proceeded to do it again. Inside lane, accelerate, pass more cars outside him then move back to lane 2....

On the same section of road at 9:30 tonight, ratio of cars in lane 1 compared to lane 2 was about 1:3.

I move from lane 1 to 2 in order to overtake 4 cars airing on the other side of 80mph and if by magic a BMW was sitting on my ****. I pull back in after the 4th car and the BMW guns it to the next car. (240i I think it was).

Get to the 3 lane section of motorway and he drops into lane 1 and hammers it past a ton of cars where he’s never to be seen again.

Undertaking like this is driving without due care and attention. Seen it dealt with a few times ;)

Without due care and attention?

Did he crash then?

What’s really interesting was to see other countries lane discipline whilst driving to Barcelona via the Eurotunnel last year.

The french stay in Lane 1 unless they are overtaking, the Spanish are slightly less disciplined and do venture out of Lane 1, the Netherlands are like the UK and think the outside lane is the driving lane and the Germans sit so far up your chuff you can pick the food out of the drivers teeth!
You didn't see any Belgians?

You didn't see any Belgians?

There probably was but I can’t remember [emoji3]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom