• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Nice colour E55AMG Estate S211

Sam87

Car
S65AMG V12 BiTurbo & S63AMG V8 BiTurbo Designo
I don't think I've seen an estate in this colour before.
Looks nice.
It's a shame it's a cat N and the colour doesn't match

I don’t think the paint match is too bad to be honest, and we’re all looking for it as you know where it’s been repaired.

What stands out is the metal trim alongside the rear window seal - I’d find a good used one that’s faded to match the others!

For £7.5k that’s a decent looking car for someone, depending on the condition in the flesh. I find it hard to think of these as twenty year old cars now though!

Pity it’s not a 7-seater too - always handy to have for those occasions if you have kids :thumb:

It would be nearer £10k I think if it was HPi clear.

They’ve gone up a bit in the last few years Roger.

Is it my eyes or are there at least three different tints to the glass?

Is it my eyes or are there at least three different tints to the glass?
You don't need a visit to Specsavers... or we both do.
I'm guessing the Cat N involved a bit more more than the OSR panel ; ie. the glass and window trim.
It's a lovely colour, but if the pics are anything to go by, I reckon there's at least 2 shades of Pearlite down the nearside, if not 3.

You don't need a visit to Specsavers... or we both do.
I'm guessing the Cat N involved a bit more more than the OSR panel ; ie. the glass and window trim.
It's a lovely colour, but if the pics are anything to go by, I reckon there's at least 2 shades of Pearlite down the nearside, if not 3.

Front bumper is more than a little off colour too, all would drive me insane.

I have to admit that when I first saw the link it opened on my iPhone brower with low-quality images. Having a better look on the eBay app it looks a little worse.

Tbh, for the age/mileage/salvage history it’s probably about what you’d expect and the seller seems fairly open and honest about it.

The quarter panel looks like the paint is bubbling? it might be the pic

Here the quarter panel looks a different shade to the passenger door

but if you look here, passengers front door looks a different shade to the rear door and the quarter panel looks a lighter shade compare to the rear door. None of the panels match on this side.

If someone bought it for £6k and if it drives good, the paint can be sorted easily. Just paint the whole passenger side including the boot lid and it would look just as good as the driver side

I guess the paint differences are directly related to the CAT N in 2018 so maybe the best paint job wasn't done at the time. Really like the rare colour but I would say that as I bought one of these earlier this year :D

Doesn't seem a bad price for the mileage and condition. It sounds like it needs a little TLC to lift it to a better level but not sure if you can add much too value really. It will still be a 156k mile CAT N car regardless. I paid a lot more for mine but was more than happy to do so as finding a nice S211 E55K Estate in a rare colour with 100k miles isn't something that comes along often.

If I had a choice of the two so mine and this one I'd rather pay a bit more for the better car. It will always be worth it.

Mine is Flint Grey though so a bit darker and a slightly nicer colour than Perlite Grey IMHO.

The E55 badge on the boot looks a little odd or different on this one so not sure if that has been changed. Maybe related to the CAT N damage.

Ignore my centre caps please! Just jogged my memory to order a new set so just done so ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom