Northern AMG Meeting - 27 May 2018 - National Coal Mining Museum, Wakefield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are you convoying from anywhere in North Lincs chap?

Derek
Hi
We are meeting up over near The A1 somewhere but I don’t know where yet...haha, just waiting on some details off one of the lads, I will post on here when I know mate
Lee

Think I’m Billy no mates driving from ‘the west’:(

I would normally have been with you John but I'm setting off this afternoon and stopping over. Just because really. :D

The 27th is nearly here and the weather forecast is good, Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow and hope you have a great day out. :cool:

Not that any of you would break the speed limit please be aware there are cameras along the road leading to the Museum. :(

See you all tomorrow

Andy

CBEB8BF8-86A1-4AE7-B4A7-24766473F01D.png

Just washed ready for waxing,the car I mean...! Hopefully better luck this time was going to go cars in the park few weeks ago but car decided to take a wee at petrol station day before the show so new radiator later all is well again for now...;)

Just washed ready for waxing,the car I mean...! Hopefully better luck this time was going to go cars in the park few weeks ago but car decided to take a wee at petrol station day before the show so new radiator later all is well again for now...;)

Looking forward to meeting up , it won’t be a long drive for you from Leeds :)

Sounds like it going to be great this, unfortunately we are away or I would have been very tempted to come, not too far away from us as I am always very interested in mining as my great grandfather was foreman engineer of portobello and niddrie collieries, my grandpa was professor of mining and mechanical engineering at Kings college, Newcastle and had his own civil engineering consultancy, was member and spell as president of the of the NEIMME. Our uncle Bill (grandpas brother) was prof of mining at Leeds University and Uncle Sam (grandpas other brother) was chairman of the NCB for many years.
Have a great time and I look forward to hearing all about it all after, don’t forget to take some pics!

Sounds like it going to be great this, unfortunately we are away or I would have been very tempted to come, not too far away from us as I am always very interested in mining as my great grandfather was foreman engineer of portobello and niddrie collieries, my grandpa was professor of mining and mechanical engineering at Kings college, Newcastle and had his own civil engineering consultancy, was member and spell as president of the of the NEIMME. Our uncle Bill (grandpas brother) was prof of mining at Leeds University and Uncle Sam (grandpas other brother) was chairman of the NCB for many years.
Have a great time and I look forward to hearing all about it all after, don’t forget to take some pics!

Sorry you can’t make it, will make sure there are plenty of pics. If folks think it’s a success I’ll organise another one in 2019. :)

Looking forward to tomorrow, should be a cracking all round day! :)

How terribly annoying, raining here on the Wirral before set off! Has all that cleaning been in vain ?

Raining in Warrington to. Was nice and sunny about an hour ago. Detailing spray and waterless wash sprays packed in boot.
My detailer would know if I put waterless wash near mine and shoot me!
The rain has deposited some lovely dust too so I’d be fearful of scratching ...
Ah well don’t judge me I can assure you it was gleaming yesterday !

Back all ok hope everyone else does too! Really great day out first time I have met you all too thanks for making me feel welcome look forward to seeing you all again soon :). Will post some of my pics asap and thanks again to Andy for organising it all

Yip back too and second the thanks to Andy for an excellent day, nice drive out which is always difficult to keep convoy- fantastic !

Lovely day for a drive out, see some quality cars, have a decent breakfast and get dragged around IKEA. Saving grace is that the Mercedes AMG and Porsche dealers are just across the road.

Andy, here is the link to the place in Bowden:

howden, bistro, restaurant, afternoon tea, waterwheel, food,

Check it out tomorrow

TTFN Derek

Great to Meet some new people today, and some old mates!
Lovey weather, keeping in convoy was always gunna be hard but we tried, Sunday drivers shouldn’t be on the road don’t they know who we are.... haha.....
Gorgeous cars as always but Alex’s CL600 is one sharp looking car...!
Big thanks to Andy for arranging....
P.s that strind is tight alright.....

See you at the next meet....
Lee

Nice to meet you all and thx for organising Andy.

Flippin took a wrong turn and lost the convoy, was too busy looking for a chance to turn right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom