Not destined to own a Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't prod the bear, seriously. [emoji12]

I've had similar issues with Audi and Bmw..... so it's not just them, although I've heard little positive from Mercedes and my dealing with Glasgow Mercs been pretty poor.

My only dealings with MB Glasgow ( and Edinburgh ) has been at the parts counter , where the guys are really excellent and extremely helpful .

Don't prod the bear, seriously. [emoji12]

I've had similar issues with Audi and Bmw..... so it's not just them, although I've heard little positive from Mercedes and my dealing with Glasgow Mercs been pretty poor.

My dealings with MB Glasgow are the same as yours. Thank goodness they are not my local dealer!

Well visits to BMW and Audi done.

335d or 340i touring with around 8k of options around £670pcm

Audi S4 with 9k options £750pcm

Audi A4 252 petrol with 9k options £600pcm

Bmw and A4 had potential for hitting my budget of £550, S4 is out of the question as they have none yet to deal on.

Still waiting on C43 pricing from Merc. Need to make up my mind whether to jump or stay put and wait!

Don't grow too old waiting for the C43 price :)

Thank you for the updates and I know you will let us know what you end up with.

CHEERS

I just got-

£7025 of options, full price £54,472 - after discount £52,332. Saving of £2,179

God knows how much that'd be monthly and to what arrangement. At a guess £520pm with £5000 deposit over 36 months at 5.0%

Only other thing I could find was list price £47,450 - 10k mileage - £4745 deposit - monthly £669.63 - final payment £16,554 - total payable ££53,441.24 - APR 5.0%

Disclaimer, I have no idea what I'm doing and this post is a mixture of a quote from orange wheels and then using a basic finance calculator, lol

I just got-

£7025 of options, full price £54,472 - after discount £52,332. Saving of £2,179

God knows how much that'd be monthly and to what arrangement. At a guess £520pm with £5000 deposit over 36 months at 5.0%

Only other thing I could find was list price £47,450 - 10k mileage - £4745 deposit - monthly £669.63 - final payment £16,554 - total payable ££53,441.24 - APR 5.0%

Disclaimer, I have no idea what I'm doing and this post is a mixture of a quote from orange wheels and then using a basic finance calculator, lol

C43?

Merc site says £637.26, £5999 deposit, rotr price 46,305 over 36 months.

My spec comes out at 53k so guessing over 48months with £5100 discount as per carwow price comes to £705pcm with 2k deposit

TripleD said:
C43? Merc site says £637.26, £5999 deposit, rotr price 46,305 over 36 months. My spec comes out at 53k so guessing over 48months with £5100 discount as per carwow price comes to £705pcm with 2k deposit

C43 premium plus saloon

I think rule of thumb for every £1000 in deposit results in a £30 per month difference, not a great difference

C43 saloon

Finance Example
Based on 10,000 miles per annum

Monthly Payments of ¹£628.09
Customer Deposit£5,999.00
On the Road Price£45,105.00
Optional Purchase Payment ²£21,400.00
Amount of Credit£39,106.00
Duration of Agreement36 Months
Total Amount Payable ³£50,020.24
Purchase Activation Fee ²£10.00
Representative APR5.5 %

Found this if it's any use...

13b887e7d00713d3e44630796da0e79c.png

Not a bad lease deal!

Have a chat with Michael Wilson at Merc Chelmsford say I asked you to call, he is supplying mine and should give you a very good price

Have a chat with Michael Wilson at Merc Chelmsford say I asked you to call, he is supplying mine and should give you a very good price

Thanks for the recommendation, need to see what Ipswich come up with first. Also the other problem being I could get the car from another dealer but for servicing etc, that would be back in Ipswich and subject to their customer service again.

It's only a 40 minute drive! I used to drive to Perth for servicing from Glasgow! In fact at one point they drove to me to pick the car up and left nice demos!!

So an update from day 49 and day 50.
Day 50 marking a whole month since I rejected the car.

Mercedes UK are not willing to contribute anything towards a new car.
I have been given the options as:

1) Order a replacement vehicle of the same spec
2) Order a C43 or whatever car I wish
3) Have my deposit back, and part company.

If i was to order another car of some description I would be given this at 'cost' which is apparently 14% off list, and I would get a 3 year service plan as well.

The customer service from start to finish on this has been an absolute joke, even after phone calls yesterday they still don't see the problems they have caused to my holiday, or make any acknowledgement to their poor customer service.

I wanted a £2000 contribution from MBUK towards the C43 as an act of goodwill which they seem to reject.

So now it's my decision, 1 2 or 3.

Any advice?

Sorry to hear about all this.

If you really want a MB, take them up on their 14% offer + service plan (that's another £1,000 or so) and go for it. Hopefully you will only need to see the dealer once every 12 months, and I am sure they will offer a collection service so you don't even need to cross their threshold. But are you always going to be on edge listening for every squeak or watching for a warning light?

Or

You plunge into the unknown and try something else. But who knows what they are going to be like? My last car was a BMW and the customer service from my local dealer was fantastic. But who knows what it's like from another dealer? My one and only experience with my local MB dealer was woeful and really made me question my sanity!

Only you know what's going to work. Vote with your feet and get something else, or go with the car you originally wanted and put this one down to bad luck.

If i was to order another car of some description I would be given this at 'cost' which is apparently 14% off list, and I would get a 3 year service plan as well.

The customer service from start to finish on this has been an absolute joke, even after phone calls yesterday they still don't see the problems they have caused to my holiday, or make any acknowledgement to their poor customer service.

I wanted a £2000 contribution from MBUK towards the C43 as an act of goodwill which they seem to reject.

Any advice?

Am I reading this right?

They are offering you a new car at cost price plus free servicing for 3 years and you are unhappy that they're not bunging you £2k as well.

Am I reading this right?

They are offering you a new car at cost price plus free servicing for 3 years and you are unhappy that they're not bunging you £2k as well.

you are absolutely correct in what you are reading!

But to put into protective 'cost' price represents £166 better off.

Any advice?

Sometimes you just need to go along to get along. Put a line under it, order you car and enjoy. Life's too short!!

I am sure I would be as sore as you are regarding Ipswich if I was treated the same way. However, just to show it depends on individuals, I bought my new C350e last Sept from Ipswich having previously bought 4 new cars from Colchester. I got Ipswich to match a DriveTheDeal price but Colchester just laughed and said they couldn't buy the car for that. I also got a very very good part ex price on my CLS held for over 6 months !!. The deal was incredible (DTD removed it the next day). I ended up with a massive discount on a car with 6+ months wait and they couldn't sell my CLS for anything like they gave me. The original salesman was sacked but they not only stood by the deal (I had an official order) but the service was far better than I had experienced at Colchester on the previous 4 cars. The excellent salesman that took over my deal has now moved on to BMW Bury St. Edmunds and so if you end up being in the market for a BMW give him a call - Matt Clear

I've actually got a lot of time for Carrs BMW in Bury, as a service department and sales department, they are spot on, their deals aren't as good as other bigger franchised dealers, but they are really good.
I tried using them for servicing once I moved jobs, but the round trips were just too much of a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom