Oil level rising on dipstick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had exactly the same problem with my Sprinter and it turned out to be two leaky injectors. Be careful as too much diesel in the engine oil will cause the engine to seize, as happened to mine. You need to get all the injectors out and tested for leaks. Don't rely on engine diagnostics to test the injectors.

I had exactly the same problem with my Sprinter and it turned out to be two leaky injectors. Be careful as too much diesel in the engine oil will cause the engine to seize, as happened to mine. You need to get all the injectors out and tested for leaks. Don't rely on engine diagnostics to test the injectors.

Cheers for that have run all the diagnostics on Delphi and it all came up fine. Managed to get oil filter cap off eventually and replaced oil filter so basically new sump, new oil, new filter, taken injectors out and weren't all black so put back in with new seals and bolts runs fine on idle but as soon as you accelerate clouds of white / grey smoke. Pulled over revved a few times and loads of smoke but wondering if this is possibly because of all that's been done and just needs a bit of a blow out.

Clouds of white smoke = unburnt fuel. The oil level raise implies that the fuel is getting into the sump also.

So I wondering how did they test those injectors and have you check the ecu is signal is getting to the injector i.e. broken wire or ecu fault.

Clouds of white smoke = unburnt fuel. The oil level raise implies that the fuel is getting into the sump also.

So I wondering how did they test those injectors and have you check the ecu is signal is getting to the injector i.e. broken wire or ecu fault.

Injectors have yet to be tested as nobody around where I live tests or rebuilds injectors so going to have to pull them out and send them off somewhere to get that done but apart from error code P1955 which nobody appears to actually know what that means as been told 3 different things and Mercedes just went don't know what that is

UPDATE .injectors have been out and spray as they should and fuel return is as it should be. No smoke when engine is cold but when up to temp sometimes can see whisps of white smoke as driving bit then when idling it starts to build and if you rev the engine then it sends out plumes of white/grey smoke .engine doesn't miss a beat, fuel economy hasn't dropped oil changed, oil filter changed, air filter not done yet. Its been into two garages had diagnostics which only comes up with P1955 (nobody really knows what that means even Mercedes) .I am at a loss on this now as to what is up and have even been thinking is it crap French fuel ?? I have googled and googled and even binged and loads of posts about white smoke from sprinters but non really seem to continue the post to conclussion

Is the oil level still rising?

Nope it doesn't appear to be rising anymore but in fairness not really been used for many miles due to smog it creates when under 2500 revs

Ahh right sorry, I'm a complete neewbie to the forum. Been watching for a while. This bloody sprinter and the putrid smoking every once in a while is doing my head in !

Don't give up . We have had some really old post's resurrected in the past :thumb:
It might take more than CPR with this one! 😁👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom