• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

OM 603 Injection pump electric port

mibotto

Car
Mercedes W210 220 Diesel
Hello,

Can you help me with some information regarding the IP mostly found on OM603 engine with turbo. I saw it has an electrical connection, the one in the picture below and I'd like to know what is used for.
Also if you have some documentation/information on how the injection pump should be adjusted , idle , governor will be also welcomed.
1720509545366.png

Thank you.

You also replied on my other post , thank you.
As you know I have a W210 with a 2.2 diesel engine NA and I replaced the original Lucas IP with a Bosch IP that I took from a Mercedes Vito 2.3 TurboDiesel.
Maybe the problems I have with the acceleration, not going over 2800 rpm, are due to the fact that the pump has some inputs from the turbo.
I adjusted the idle speed with the screw I know what the red connection from behind of the pump is for but I could not find any information regarding the connector with those three pins.
I saw that the 3 liter diesel engine with turbo that can be found on OM603 has a similar connection and as it is more often met maybe someone have informations about it.

I cant believe that using an injector pump from a different engine is ever going to perform properly.

Maybe yes, maybe no. First I want to finish all the ideas I have and after we will see. Meanwhile check what a mechanical injection from an OM603 engine installed on OM606 is capable of.
Theoretically the situation is similar just that I'm in the lower league with only for 4 cylinder and yet not a turbo.

Maybe yes, maybe no. First I want to finish all the ideas I have and after we will see. Meanwhile check what a mechanical injection from an OM603 engine installed on OM606 is capable of.
Theoretically the situation is similar just that I'm in the lower league with only for 4 cylinder and yet not a turbo.

A 603 turbo pump on a 606 is just capable of making the standard power, around 175 if I recall correctly.

I can't remember but there's a good pdf online somewhere explains all. One gives it extra fuel when cold and links to the fuel heater?

Standard 603 pump will not make much power, you would need to change the elements to at least 6mm to make 200hp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom