On screen Wheel offset(ET) calculator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi guys
Need some help with some offsets
I have w202 c43 rep it a 18inch mono blocks but front stick out slightly from the arches what would be a solution to get them to sit with in the arches?

Changing the rims to ones with the correct offset is the only solution.
There is nothing you can do if they are poking out too far.

The recommended sizes for a W202 saloon are
Front 7.5J X18 ET36 Tyre size 225x40x18
Rears 8.5J X18 ET30 Tyre size 255x35x18

Changing the rims to ones with the correct offset is the only solution.
There is nothing you can do if they are poking out too far.

The recommended sizes for a W202 saloon are
Front 7.5J X18 ET36 Tyre size 225x40x18
Rears 8.5J X18 ET30 Tyre size 255x35x18
Rhan

Thank you very much that is a great help knowing the correct ET helps a lot AMGeed

Does anyone know anyone selling mono blocks I know that the genuine ones ain’t cheap I don’t mind reps as long as the fitment is correct Preferably 18s

Replying to lots of threads in a short time to hit 30 posts wont give you instant access to messaging. ;)
Busted 😂 - bit frustrating as I’ve been on here a while and now I’ve seen a set of wheels for my 211 can’t even message the seller as it’s on classifieds 🙄

Hi , I have a C207E400.The car runs on 19" wheels with all wheels having a 44 offset.The tyres on the rear are larger than the rear.

Front 235/35/19 Rear 255/30/19.

Do you think I cut fit 255/30/19 tyres on the front wheels to be the same size as the rear and would they clear ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fit the rears on the front and try them simple 🤔

Hi , I have a C207E400.The car runs on 19" wheels with all wheels having a 44 offset.The tyres on the rear are larger than the rear.

Front 235/35/19 Rear 255/30/19.

Do you think I cut fit 255/30/19 tyres on the front wheels to be the same size as the rear and would they clear ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You mention that the wheel offset is the same front and rear - are the wheels the same width front and rear too, and are the wheel part numbers identical?

I’ve not come across a Mercedes model with different size tyres front and rear, without the wheels also having a different width and offset too.

Personally I would stick with the standard tyre sizes it left the factory with. Did you buy the car new, and if not how many miles had the car covered when you bought it?

You mention that the wheel offset is the same front and rear - are the wheels the same width front and rear too, and are the wheel part numbers identical?

I’ve not come across a Mercedes model with different size tyres front and rear, without the wheels also having a different width and offset too.

Personally I would stick with the standard tyre sizes it left the factory with. Did you buy the car new, and if not how many miles had the car covered when you bought it?
Hi Bobby Dazzler, Regarding wheel off set and tyre size that's what I though.Part numbers are identical.

I purchased the car new and it eats Continental 5p tyres , not the tread but the tyre construction seems week.To be fare to Continental the have been very good in customer support re replacement tyres .

I always try to keep my cars original but I fitted a set of Goodyear Assi 5 in utter desperation.Had the car 4 wheel tracked and to date all good.

The only reason I wanted to put on the same tyre on all round was that potentially I could have three different tyre sizes on my car together if I had to use the get you home spare.( Not ideal )

I would purchase another wheel as the spare if one size fits all.

Hi , now that's actually a really good idea.
If you look at the 235 on the front it practically touches the suspension strut , you can barely get a finger in the gap. So the 255 might well rub. You can only try I guess .

The get you home wheel and tyre combo will match the rolling radius of what's fitted on the coupe , I bought one off eBay eventually, it just takes up boot space tbh, because of the ad blu tank.

The c207 coupe was released exactly like that . Same size wheels ,just the tyres that's staggered. 👍

The c207 coupe was released exactly like that . Same size wheels ,just the tyres that's staggered. 👍
Very unusual, sounds like the exception which proves the rule..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom