Ongoing Picture Posting Nightmare.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Hi All,

For some time I have had major problems posting pictures.

If I try to upload from my PC I get "Upload of file failed".

If I try to upload from photobucket I get the error message "invalid file".

To try to get around this problem I have tried Tinypic but to no avail same "invalid file".

Using both the aforementioned photo-hosting sites I have also tried changing IMG to IWG but without any success.

I have tried using a different PC with Vista (mine is XP) but still no success.

I have had this problem for months now and have sometimes managed to post images 3 at a time form my pc, but even this doesn't work at times these days.

I have checked the amount of images I have on the forum and still have some room left to post more. I don't really want to delete any to make more space either because some of the images are essential to the thread/post they are in.

I just can't work out why I have this problem. :wallbash:

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Paul.

Last edited:
Do you have the same problems if you use a different Browser?

When you say changed IMG to IWG, what do you mean exactly? What file format are you trying to upload? Jpeg, png, bmp? How big are the images you are uploading (100KB max to this site)

Can you post an example of what happens when you try and embed an image so we can figure out what is going on?

Last edited:
Are you successfully uploding your pictures to PhotoBucket?

Yes, Photobucket and Tinypic.

I have successfully posted images from Photobucket in the past but around 2, months ago the wheels fell off everything image related.

I have managed to post images on a couple of occasions from my PC but it is more miss than hit. :mad:

Regards,

Paul.

If the pictures are in Photobucket then you should have no problem.

You just need to insert a link to it in your post here:

1. Position your mouse pointer over the thumbnail of the picture in PhotoBucket
2. A box will appear below the picture
3. Single click on the bottom box, labelled "IMG code"
4. The contents of the IMG code box will now be highlighted. With the mouse pointer over the highlighted text, right click and select 'Copy'.
5. Go to MB Club, and when composing your post right-click and select Paste where you want the image to go. Use the Preview button to see how the post will appear (hopefully with the picture).

If you have problems with any of the above steps let us know.

Bill,

Thank you very much for the advice.

I can now post pictures again but am confused as to how I lost my way.

A clear explanation and easy to follow.

Give it a couple of weeks and I'll probably forget again. :eek::rolleyes::D

I'll be able to post a few from Jays GTG now. :thumb:

Many Thanks,

Paul.

Do you have the same problems if you use a different Browser?

When you say changed IMG to IWG, what do you mean exactly? What file format are you trying to upload? Jpeg, png, bmp? How big are the images you are uploading (100KB max to this site)

Can you post an example of what happens when you try and embed an image so we can figure out what is going on?

Many Thanks Spike.

For some reason I was obtaining IMG code from Photobucket, then clicking on manage attachments and then trying to upload the file from URL... :crazy:

I tried changing IMG to IWG on advice that it may help the files to load, but without success.

On the subject of Browsers, I have only really ever use internet explorer although I have heard a lot of people on the forum mention Safari etc etc..

Is internet explorer not as good as some of the others? I'd be interested if anyone had any positive/negative views.

Thanks Again,

Paul.

Whats the URL of your album?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom