• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Oops

JohnEclass

Car
S6/Q5/C300/S4/W209/W211
My wifes boss took an E350 CDI cabrio out for a test drive last night from a local Main dealer, £31k's worth...... the salesman said just wait at entrance I'll bring it to the door, which he did.....apparently not noticing the bollard :fail

Mercedes bodyshop now have some work, replacing a wing and door skin:doh:

They still test drove it......and credit to salesman, he asked if they were still interested......they said yes but its been crashed so start thinking of the size of discount :D

Will look forward with interest to the result

My friend bought a E220 cabriolet. Two months later their daughter who hasn't long passed her test, half asleep, reversed into the side of it! New door and repairs to the front wing.

Sold, huge discount!

My friend bought a E220 cabriolet. Two months later their daughter who hasn't long passed her test, half asleep, reversed into the side of it! New door and repairs to the front wing.

The young son of somebody I know was playing around with dad's car on the drive and managed to start it. Car ran into the dividing wall and knocked it over, onto the neighbour's brand new Jag parked the other side ...

The young son of somebody I know was playing around with dad's car on the drive and managed to start it. Car ran into the dividing wall and knocked it over, onto the neighbour's brand new Jag parked the other side ...

Ouch:eek: explain that to the insurance!

A few years ago a guy bought a 12 month old SLK350 as a 40th birthday present for his wife. She was so excited when they came to collect it she nearly wet her pants. We'd put a big ribbon around it and presented her with flowers. On the way home she stopped at M&S for a quick bit of shopping. When she returned to her new pride and joy in the car park she saw that someone had scraped all down one side! She was in tears when they drove back onto the forecourt less than an hour after they'd driven off.

As for salesmen damaging cars on bollards, our senior sales manager didn't trust anyone else to move a nearly new Bentley Continental GT to a tight corner on the forecourt, so chose to do it himself. Yup, he'd forgotten about the bollard immediately behind where he was moving it from. We tried so hard not to laugh!

When I picked up my ML, the salesman hadn't retracted the bollard that was directly in front of it. I approached the car from the rear (and yes, I didn't do a walk-around - sorry IAM) so I wasn't aware of it.

As I drove off, the bollard was ripped out of the ground. Damage to ground, considerable. Damage to car - small chip on number plate.

The MD was in the showroom, he was very embarrassed, and I got a free service and a valet out of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom