• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Opinion on E320cdi

philiggy

Car
C180 Estate & C220 CDI
Hi all

In my quest to find a car quickly I have spotted what looks like a perfect stop gap car, rather than rush into anything more costly.

Its an E320 cdi 51 plate 96 k in gold/leather no rust FSH indy though, everything works immac £2500
Has been 1 owner but chap selling it has only had it 8 weeks, new tyres and MOT so guess he bought to make money on.

Ive had a 300td for many years and has 170k on clock, Are the later 320cdi as good?

I was looking to spend 9k ish and had spotted a c220se cdi perfect 1 owner 100k for £8750

Any thoughts
Phil

I haven't had a 300TD but I would say that the 320 cdi is a very good car in its own right, super engine and gearbox - considerably more torque and power than a 300td. Mine is up to 178k. It has had new injectors, glowplugs, most suspension and air con done though, and if I were you I'd get it up on a ramp to check the rust, it is there lurking.

Perfectly good car and a hell of a lot for the money if you need the load space.

I have a 1999 e320 cdi coming up to 200000 miles no problems , as such just a autobox that has a glitch that unless you stop and restart after a few miles it stays in 2nd gear , but its been like that since I bought it and once you do that its fine for the rest of the day .
personally I can live with that gremlin ,its never got any worse .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom